Carolina Classic

demco99

anyone have any thoughts/experiences with these boats? I've seen some nice 25 and 28s online and the layout looks slick, never heard of them though until recently...

I have a 25. Some research online will probably tell you that they are one of the best built production boats on the market and you won't beat the ride in the size class. They are super heavy true deep V hulls. My 25 (diesel) tips the scales at over 12000lbs when loaded. They are quite tender on the drift due to the deep v and some people don't like that but it's the trade off for the ride. The older 25's lack the amount of fish storage that I would like because of the large fuel tanks and the jack shaft. The 28 has huge in-deck fish boxes. Some boats prior to 1998 had gel coat issues but most of those were repaired by the factory (they were recalled). The 8.1 crusader or newer 6.0 are the only gas options worth any consideration in either the 25 or 28 but fuel consumption will leave a lot to be desired. These things were designed for diesels and that's really the only power that has the torque to keep them on plane.

One of the best things about these boats, if you have any questions or issues, a call to the factory will put you on the phone with Mac or Keith Privot, the founders, who knows every boat that ever left the factory and the original owner by first name. These guys are an unbelievable resource.

My next boat will be a cc28 without a doubt.

Check out www.carolinaclassicboatowners.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back