canvas dog house for walk around

Be careful about the design.

A friend of mine has one and it's great but...there isn't a handhold in sight even when sitting down.

Grab onto the struts of the doghouse and you've bent something bad.:(

call bob`s in duncan great guy . he did mine last year double eagle style top $650 top notch job sunbrella fabric. scottyboy

ya I sure would like aluminum tubing and a hard top, but I can't really afford to drop 2-3k on a top at this point. I could see that design getting beaten up pretty bad though.

Yes but 2 grand now and its done as the canvas tops do wear out and then your going to have to do it again also good resale value on a hard top so your not really out in the long run.

Wolf

ya I hear you wolf - but this is a florida boat and I have a long shopping list of things I need to throw money at and there's only so much to go around.

That being said, has anybody put a hard top on their walk-around? If so what did it end up costing?

I built one for my 215 fishing machine, very similar to your rig. It wasn't the best looking, but it was about a grand for materials. Expect to pay 2-3k for something that looks nice. There are probably a lot of storm-wrecked Grady's that you could get one made for your boat for a song shipped up, the factory hard tops that I have seen from Grady are first class in my books.

hey now thats an idea, maybe I'm better off looking for a used one from down south. Thats for the idea Last Chance, I'm gonna look into that.

just look around the beaches for all the wrecked boats on shore, lol, apparently their washing up all over, take a saw with ya and make short work of it[:p]

yup already know about that site and I have found a few marine salvage shops down south with what I want. The price is still around $1000-$1500 (USD) for a hard top and then I have to assume at least $300+ for shipping, so that puts it out of my current budget [V] .

I'm not sure what I'll do, maybe I'll have to wait till next season.

Back