Can anyone recommend a good surveyor in the Victoria area?

Rain City

Crew Member
As the title says. Any help would be appreciated. Yamaha outboards on a fiberglass hull.

Sorry bud, last surveyor I dealt with in Victoria was for a Canoe Cove 41 with twin cat diesels, and that was 12 years ago!
As useful as tits on a boar.

I can only help you by keeping your thread at the top!

I used a guy out of Chemainus last year when I bought my boat. Seemed to know what he was doing, but I don't really so take that for what it's worth. Funny thing is... he never wrote up the survey nor did he ever send me a bill. I was present for the inspection, asked questions as he went through the boat and got a verbal assessment that let me make an informed final purchase price offer. If my insurance company had been looking for the paperwork it would have been a problem, but they weren't so really it just saved me $300. I can PM you the contact info if you want it.

A colleague of mine just had a survey done over on the island and he swears by this guy. Apparently the boat did not pass the survey or at least the buyer was warned about many things, which is what you want to hear. I can give you my colleagues contact info if you want to talk to him first.

Back