Campion EX, last year made in Canada?

jbv

stopped at Howich marine today, they've got a whole row of Campion's in stock for sale. none this time last year, now they are sitting on inventory as rates have gone insane and buying as slowed right down.
anyways, my first time checking one out. very nice. seems roomy and comfortable compared to my little DE 16. good dimensions for a tall guy. the guy said they are moving production to US or maybe Mexico. too expensive to build here. that's gotta suck for the factory in Kelowna, i'm sure it employs a few people to make these.
on to practical considerations; i like the self draining floor, raw water hose, seating, freeboard depth etc. not sure about the lack of storage on the sides like on the DE's. keep a lot of stuff handy there, lots of fishing stuff, paddle, just tons of crap, including rods and spares.
anyone have one who fishes a lot, would love to hear your pros and cons. very nice looking boat to me on almost every level, for it's size.

stopped at Howich marine today, they've got a whole row of Campion's in stock for sale. none this time last year, now they are sitting on inventory as rates have gone insane and buying as slowed right down.
anyways, my first time checking one out. very nice. seems roomy and comfortable compared to my little DE 16. good dimensions for a tall guy. the guy said they are moving production to US or maybe Mexico. too expensive to build here. that's gotta suck for the factory in Kelowna, i'm sure it employs a few people to make these.
on to practical considerations; i like the self draining floor, raw water hose, seating, freeboard depth etc. not sure about the lack of storage on the sides like on the DE's. keep a lot of stuff handy there, lots of fishing stuff, paddle, just tons of crap, including rods and spares.
anyone have one who fishes a lot, would love to hear your pros and cons. very nice looking boat to me on almost every level, for it's size.
My dad had an 05 542 was a great boat very capable for its size seemed well built

Have had a few friends with the 542 models, and have always liked them. Small buddy for gear storage or a real ambitious sleep (or other adventures as you see fit), but decent dance floor and comfortable ride. Not sure about worthiness in the real rough stuff, but always handled well in the Sooke and Lake Cowichan winds.

I have one and really love it.. any specific questions please let me know.

This is the fifth season for us on our 05 542 and I’m very happy with it. Trailerable, easy to launch/load solo, enough storage space and dance floor for two guys and also great for the occasional family fun days on the lake. Very capable in rough water and can handle the big waves if weather turns mid straight. Self bailing deck is a plus, especially if you are into winter/spring fishing when it pours.
Very popular boats in our area, esp if you’re looking for a used one. I had to go down to OR to find mine. It had the basic factory config with not much accessories added by the previous owner so I spent quite a bit and dialed it for my needs: trim tabs, VHF, fish finder, kicker, auto pilot, disc brakes and the downrigger wiring. Can still spend more $$ on a stand-up top and a radar arch but I don’t see that happening, given our current state of fishery.
What I wished was better on my boat are: bit bigger cuddly for two guys to sleep overnight, better quality gelcoat and some larger cockpit to fit a 2nd plotter.

I've been eyeing up the EX 22 as well. Looks like a perfect cross for fishing but water sports too. Love to know as well what people think of it that own one.

2015 542 Explorer, yam 150 yam 9.9. Fished on my two buddies and fell in love with this boat & the gods brought this one my way. Handles the water & weather with ease, a great dance floor with raw water hose that drains off the deck. Mine came with an Aluminum arch which I removed so it fit in my carport thinking I would put it back on this summer and park outside but that hasn’t happened yet. I put a hydro foil on the 150 and it’s a game changer great mod. The best thing is I just filled up tonight for $90. That was 3 day trips of ,1hr on the big motor 8hrs on kicker each day so $30 bucks a day. I’ve also been happy with one captains swivel chair and port side the double that folds down flat. The only con is to reach over the side to say rinse your hands is to far away but that’s the trade off of a self draining deck. Oh another con is my kicker seems to vibrate a bit more than I’d like so I’ll need to look into that.

Attachments

• 616270FE-70C0-4146-92CA-69675E276A87.png
    616270FE-70C0-4146-92CA-69675E276A87.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
Campion didn't relocate, they went out of business a few months ago. Sold their Kelowna site and all equipment. The boats are well loved for BC use, but you would need to get some clear answers about warranty support, or press for a substantial discount as this value is missing.

Campion didn't relocate, they went out of business a few months ago. Sold their Kelowna site and all equipment. The boats are well loved for BC use, but you would need to get some clear answers about warranty support, or press for a substantial discount as this value is missing.
i talked to julia that worked there for years and she said the commercial property in kelowna was worth a fortune
all campion molds and gear went accross the line dono where should of asked
so lets hope they continue I own a 682 and really like the weight of it being heavy that is
also a good finish zero stress cacks on a 2004 says something as well

Back