browns bay, Chatham piont, thurston bay

• Thread starter Thread starter saltybeaver
  • Start date Start date
S

saltybeaver

Just wondering if anybody has ever had any luck for winter springs around browns bay, Chathampiont or Thurston bay looking for a bit of change in the scenery

Probably giver her a go this weekend unless somebody tells me not to waste my time. Stilllearning,Blueorca,urchin any info ??????

snowwhite have you started to work yet ?

Haven't been out yet.....still....change is good...let us know how it goes. If lots of people show up at Browns Bay all of a sudden, maybe Mike and John will wonder what the heck is going on!!!!

Haven't been out yet.....still....change is good...let us know how it goes. If lots of people show up at Browns Bay all of a sudden, maybe Mike and John will wonder what the heck is going on!!!!

Hey saltybeaver. I've been on the water for a couple of weeks. Mainly been fishing the light and hump area. There's been some keepers there but lots of undersize. As for up north, haven't fished Thurston this time of year.I have in the past caught fish at chatham point and greensea bay. There's been a 20lb and 24lb white spring taken this week by our guys in deepwater. So there is the odd fish up there. Good Luck. Snowwhite

Hey saltybeaver. I've been on the water for a couple of weeks. Mainly been fishing the light and hump area. There's been some keepers there but lots of undersize. As for up north, haven't fished Thurston this time of year.I have in the past caught fish at chatham point and greensea bay. There's been a 20lb and 24lb white spring taken this week by our guys in deepwater. So there is the odd fish up there. Good Luck. Snowwhite

No Salty, I usually leave that fishery until fall but since I am Nanaimo based I have heard some positive reports around here, but I am just getting my boat in the water so I have not really tried too hard yet. It sounds like you have had some good days around Nanaimo earlier in the the spring?

No Salty, I usually leave that fishery until fall but since I am Nanaimo based I have heard some positive reports around here, but I am just getting my boat in the water so I have not really tried too hard yet. It sounds like you have had some good days around Nanaimo earlier in the the spring?

stillearnin I have been fishing thrasher about half way between the can and thrasher
130-150 mark anchovie seem to pick one up every time i go over it. porlier should be getting hot any time now only one last weekend.

stillearnin I have been fishing thrasher about half way between the can and thrasher
130-150 mark anchovie seem to pick one up every time i go over it. porlier should be getting hot any time now only one last weekend.

Back