Bradley Smoker

twinwinds

Pulled the Bradley smoker out only to find that the burner inside would not work!
The indicator light on the front would not come on telling me there is no power? I checked all the wiring and everything seems to be fine, considering the smoker has only been used a few times this is kind of puzzling..........
Could the burner element be shot? Any ideas or input would be appreciated....

Cheers

Check the plugs, especially the one on the back of the smoker. Ours was brittle and broke inside.

Also go to the Bradley site and go on the Forums. There is a ton of info there and some very knowledgable people, maybe thay can help.

Good luck

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Do you use an extention cord with it? There are smokers that will not work properly, if at all,if an extention cord is part of the curcuit. My Lurs Jenson has it stated in the instruction manual.

I had the exact same issue recently. I was plugging my smoker into an exterior GFI outlet on my patio, I had the smoker sitting on the back lawn at the end of a 12 foot extension cord. The smoker was tripping the outlet for whatever reason. If your outlet's like mine, there's a reset switch on the outlet. Push that and see if you're good to go. But in the end, I couldn't keep my smoker plugged in to the GFI outlet, it kept tripping it after about 3 minutes. So... I ran an extension cord into the dining room on a non-GFI outlet and the problem was solved.

Later I was told that if you are running a smoker on a GFI outlet and if the smoker is sitting directly on the ground and not insulated somehow, it will trip the outlet.

Next time I run the smoker, I will put it on a piece of plywood or something as opposed to putting it right on the lawn like I was doing to see if that makes a difference.

Mine is a Luhr Jensen and works fine with an extension cord as long as it's not too long. I've run it on 25 footers just fine but on a 100 footer it runs too cold. To much line loss on a 100 footer me thinks.

anyone ever have a problem with the inside stainless walls of there bradley rotting?

tight lines

Back