boat trailer- Get a new one of fix up?

Charter Tofino

My trailer for my 15fter is a mess. As you can see in the pics the axle, springs and the inside of the tires is rusted through completely. All i am using it for is trailering to the marina 500m down my road. Now that i can drive i want to trailer it to port alberni but i wouldnt trust it for a second the axles ready to snap. Some of the rollers are siezed and most of the bolts are rusted. Should i bite the bullet and get a new one? should i try and repair it. Im only looking for this trailer to last a few more years before i get a new boat but I also dont want it snapping on the way up the hump.
100_0951.jpg

100_0950.jpg

100_0949.jpg

How much of a rush are you in Kelly, I'm going to be changing the springs out on my old trailer proably first week in July.They are in better shape than yours.You can have them.You should be able to get an axle and hubs not galvinized for a reasonable price.The springs are 26 inches eye to eye.DAN

Dan im not in rush and thats a great offer but you can see in the one pic that there is only one eye. The back end just slides into a slot is yours two eyes? i taped it at 26 inches. Its a road runner trailer probaly from the late 70s. Im still in school so if i have to spend more than 250-350 bucks ill probaly just buy one.

Mines a 2 eye system,Kelly, you may be able to adapt it by zip grinding one eye off,half way through on the curve, the trailer they are coming off is a 94 e z loader.I'll put them aside for you,can't hurt to try.Not going to cost you anything.where are you?DAN

mid island parksville. you in vic? ill probaly be down there a few times at least in july. heck im down there tommorow. thanks for the offer i can prob make them work. Im in no rush just want to have it done for august.

Looking at a new trailer and i see some nice trailers easy loaders and road runners 400-500. Im thinkin it might be worth the extra 200 bucks for a new one. Prob get that money back when i sell the boat.

Back