Boat Towing around Deep Cove?

I have unexpectantly broken down before and \i just worry about getting stuck.
I had some maintenance done on my boat, then went out and had problems. Just to be on the safe side.I always tow other boat bigger then my is good to know other ways

C-Tow,
there is also Vessel assist Via west marine membership but way more benefits from the Local C-Tow guys.
I have C-Tow and hope I never need it

Ctow and other companies are VERY expensive... just to forwarn you and check your insurance as alot isnt covered or VERY little a buddy of mine found out the hard way this spring out there. tow was over 5 grand and insurance paid a 1000.00 and the tow wasnt very far so unless you got some big bucks better check into it before you travel

Ctow and other companies are VERY expensive... just to forwarn you and check your insurance as alot isnt covered or VERY little a buddy of mine found out the hard way this spring out there. tow was over 5 grand and insurance paid a 1000.00 and the tow wasnt very far so unless you got some big bucks better check into it before you travel

C tow is 200$ a year with unlimited tows. Unless you have buddies that will come get you don't count on people towing you back and unless your a memeber it's huge bills like wolf said. Well worth it.

Thanks. I'll check into that and let you know.

I don't get it how it cost 5 000 for a tow from the same company that charges $200 for unlimited tows. What do you guys do if you have trouble out there?
if you need help out there I always will like to help.

Do the best you can to NOT need a tow. By that, I mean do ALL the maintenance and repairs on your engine. Don't cheap out. And if you are at all mechanically inclined then so much the better. Learn the "ins and outs" of your boat and engine. Once you push off from that dock you want to have confidence in your boat and engine. Now saying all this I do realize **** happens. In that case it's called a kicker. It won't get you there fast but at least you have a chance of getting back to SOME dock, maybe not the one you started from.

he wasnt a member i guess all i know it was a HEAFTY bill

c tow is located at deep cove and at reed point so if i was you i would go for the membership if you are concerned, not sure how big your boat is but a kicker can save you a lot of worry and headaches if it's practical. i am in the same area and have towed a few boats to deep cove or cates park. i also think there is or at least there used to be an auxillary coast guard boat at the yacht club in deep cove. i know c tow won't charge you anywhere near $5000 if you are not a member at least in this area.
cheers nicnat

HEY all im saying is his boat got stuck and his bill was hefty close to 5 grand as insurance didnt cover it if you want pm me and ill give you his number and you can call him, and get ALL the details as to why . I said to him at the time if he called me if do it for half that price....as my boat was in west bay at that time...
im done

jeez don't get your knickers in a knot wolf, not accusing you of bs, just stated that if he breaks down in the area he talked about, which is close to 2 c tow outposts , he wouldn't be charged anywhere close to 5 g's.
cheers nicnat

Back