Boat engine Mechanical

Is any recommendation of boat engine mechanic in Vancouver? Mercruiser 6.2 2003 dead.

Attachments

• 20221107_101530.jpg
    20221107_101530.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 30
What’s the issue your having?
Not cranking at all now. Try to start, only 2 beeps ,that is it. We were fishing ,turn off engine to drop crab trap, then never turn on. First a few times, still cranking, after a few times, may be battery dead. Towed back, checked battery is litter low voltage, changed new battery, then just 2 short beeps

Not cranking at all now. Try to start, only 2 beeps ,that is it. We were fishing ,turn off engine to drop crab trap, then never turn on. First a few times, still cranking, after a few times, may be battery dead. Towed back, checked battery is litter low voltage, changed new battery, then just 2 short beeps
any blown fuses or circuit breakers? checked the engine oil level?

any blown fuses or circuit breakers? checked the engine oil level?
Engine oil just changed a month ago before Engine dead by mechanic . One mechanic of my friend came to check shift gear, emergency switch, added leg oil( a little lower), checked battery is 12v a little low, so changed new battery, but now just 2 beeps, even not cranking. And my mechanic had personal issues can't come

By beep do you mean click? Check all your connections remove clean ensure they’re tight. Check the connection at the starter and all your main grounds.

Beep as alarm sound, no click.
As @ship happens has said - no crank - start at the simple stuff.

1. Confirm safety tether is attached / safety switch is in correct position. My Yamaha outboard will beep and not crank if tether is not on. If I remember correctly from Mercruiser there is a little red switch for the tether, on the control binnacle. Make sure it's in the correct position.

2. Confirm engine controls are 'actually' in neutral position.

A low battery you would expect a 'click' when trying to start the engine when the starter solenoid is activated. In this case it sounds like you're not even getting there. I'm thinking safety switch / tether position, or control thinks it is not in neutral.

single_flush-panel_mount_control_11892.jpg__475x600_q85_autocrop_size_canvas_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

As @ship happens has said - no crank - start at the simple stuff.

1. Confirm safety tether is attached / safety switch is in correct position. My Yamaha outboard will beep and not crank if tether is not on. If I remember correctly from Mercruiser there is a little red switch for the tether, on the control binnacle. Make sure it's in the correct position.

2. Confirm engine controls are 'actually' in neutral position.

A low battery you would expect a 'click' when trying to start the engine when the starter solenoid is activated. In this case it sounds like you're not even getting there. I'm thinking safety switch / tether position, or control thinks it is not in neutral.

Will double check them. Thank you

There’s some good Facebook Mercruiser groups, that lots of techs participate. Maybe start a thread there?
There’s a circuit breaker on the top of the engine, behind the flame arrestor. Maybe it tripped?

There’s some good Facebook Mercruiser groups, that lots of techs participate. Maybe start a thread there?

There’s a circuit breaker on the top of the engine, behind the flame arrestor. Maybe it tripped.
Will see the Facebook group. Good to know. Thank you. The circuit breaker checked, not tripped

Will see the Facebook group. Good to know. Thank you. The circuit breaker checked, not tripped
I think there are 2 solenoids for the starter. One on the starter and one next to the engine circuit breaker. Power to these? Seloc sells a shop manual for these engines. I’ll try to take a look at mine and see, if there is any trouble shooting tips.
I’m pretty sure the 2 beeps is normal as you turn the key on. If it’s a constant alarm, or three short beeps, then computer senses a problem.

I think there are 2 solenoids for the starter. One on the starter and one next to the engine circuit breaker. Power to these? Seloc sells a shop manual for these engines. I’ll try to take a look at mine and see, if there is any trouble shooting tips.

I’m pretty sure the 2 beeps is normal as you turn the key on. If it’s a constant alarm, or three short beeps, then computer senses a problem
Will check the 2 solenoids as you mentioned. Appreciate

Back