Beer.....boats......& BC

• Thread starter Thread starter SIR
  • Start date Start date
Nope, drunk red-neck Canadians from the the Kelowna area.
Penticton actually ...... still looking for the b@st@rd$, too!

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

not sure what they actual regs are, but its safe to assume that most boats on the water have booze on board.

Can I get an Amen!

As too distress calls only called in only by drunks I say, bull****! By the way you can fall in the drink sober as nun while pissing as well. Simple solution to drowning is a PDF...many sober morons drown every year not wearing one. As to drinking while fishing, I do but never in the salt...it just does not occur to me when on the ocean. But I do where a PDF...

That is good to here it wasn't one of my fellow country men or women we seem to get blamed for a lot on this web page. Salt how is the Tuna fishing we are going to give it try in mid July any helpful hints?

quote:Originally posted by 5-Salt Fever

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

not sure what they actual regs are, but its safe to assume that most boats on the water have booze on board.

Can I get an Amen!

As too distress calls only called in only by drunks I say, bull****! By the way you can fall in the drink sober as nun while pissing as well. Simple solution to drowning is a PDF...many sober morons drown every year not wearing one. As to drinking while fishing, I do but never in the salt...it just does not occur to me when on the ocean. But I do where a PDF...

Er, a PDF is an Adobe Acrobat document, a Personal Floatation Device (PFD) is what you mean I'm sure :D

Quote:

For being such liberals you are really funny about your alcohol can only purchase it in a liquor store and no drinking while boating. But you can grow pot and not go to jail. Who is running your country?

- Battaglino

And your 18 year olds can be in ****, die in wars, and vote, but not enjoy a beer until they are 21.

Makes much more sense than not being able to drink while operating a power vessel on water.

Don't get me wrong, we always swill a few out there, but think about it.

Easy hopper,
You can't take anything too seriously on this web page it is mostly fishing. Politics I would agree you with the drinking but we have a lot of bible thumpers down here that would probably be happy if we banned beer. We do send our children to die in our senseless wars. I'm just glad we don't still have the draft. I do think you should be able to have a beer or two while fishing I don't drink while fishing but I don't want to put that restriction on others. I always like to have my beer after I get back in from the day on the water.

Amen, Last chance where do you charter out of? I haven't made it to God's country(VI) yet this year but I have a trip planed for Winter Harbor 1st week of August and going to try to get to Barkley sometime this summer or fall. The summers are just way to short. I have been trying convince the wife that we need to buy a place up there but have sold her on it yet.

Kpe

Its all about consuming responsibly, for the most part this has been my experience from what I see happening on the water. Then again there is always that one boat[xx(] with the exception that gives us the need for laws to protect other boaters. I couldn’t imagine not haven a few cold ones on board.[8D]

I am for use not abuse.

By the way you can grow pot in California and not got to jail.

quote:Originally posted by battaglino

Amen, Last chance where do you charter out of? I haven't made it to God's country(VI) yet this year but I have a trip planed for Winter Harbor 1st week of August and going to try to get to Barkley sometime this summer or fall. The summers are just way to short. I have been trying convince the wife that we need to buy a place up there but have sold her on it yet.

Kpe

I guide out of Port Renfrew.. Good fishing, a short drive from Victoria.

quote:Originally posted by Mornin Chubby

Its all about consuming responsibly, for the most part this has been my experience from what I see happening on the water. Then again there is always that one boat[xx(] with the exception that gives us the need for laws to protect other boaters. I couldn’t imagine not haven a few cold ones on board.[8D]

I am for use not abuse.

By the way you can grow pot in California and not got to jail.

The same can be said about a couple of cold ones in a car. Except you will probably live if the car hits a ditch, crashing a boat into Kellet Rock is another matter. Since there is no way to regulate between those who can hold their booze, and those who fall overthemselves after getting wtihin 10 feet of a Coors Light, the lid has to be kep on for everyone. FUN FACT! I am a commercial vessel, so that means as long as I'm sober, my passengers can be sh*t faced (If I let them). Just like a limo driver or a ski bus driver, they can have open booze going for their passengers on whatever they are driving.

Last chance,

We fish swiftsure about 10 times a year but from the Neah bay side. I have a freind that goes up and stays up at reny but the river scares the hell of me. It was either last year of the year before didn't the gov. dock get blown away? My freind has also found the bottom a couple of times going back up the river but he seems to do that where ever he fishes. What is the name of your charterboat? I'm sure I will see you out there this year. Joe

The boat is called the Natural Selection, it has Last Chance Fishing Adventures all over it, I answer to Last Chance on the radio, but spend more time fishing the radio chatting.

I usually fish the J Bouy side of Swiftsure in the early season, as August moves in the fish move closer. One of my favorite spots is in the disputed border area right where the area 121 closure starts to go NW. I fish in a 23' Hourston, with Yam outboards on it, and a big blue cooler, the most optimistic fish cooler you can buy. The boat looks like this:

fishingJan282007002.jpg

Troll on by for a fishing report, I don't publish long and lat's or colours on a public web site, but to someone who takes the time to get on the water, or meet me at a marina, I'll be as helpfull as I can.

The river is really bad this year. I can give you the number of a guy who has daily moorage that is nowhere near the river, PM me for details. It is your best bet if you value the finish on your prop and don't run the river that often.

( FUN FACT! I am a commercial vessel, so that means as long as I'm sober, my passengers can be sh*t faced (If I let them). Just like a limo driver or a ski bus driver, they can have open booze going for their passengers on whatever they are driving. )

Good on you lastchance,, that makes the most sense out of any argument I have seen yet...

That is just wrong. Last chance nice boat I have seen you out at swiftsure will buy you a beer at the dock next time. I know what you mean about putting gps # on the web. I have some great ones over the years and it usually came from bailing someone out. How has your season been so far? Do you ever run up the nitkat river?

/

Yes was not sure of the spelling. I see the locals just hauling butt up the river open that is realy hidden. I wonder if there any place that would be worth staying up there. I read that they have a sox run. It is nice that you are the busy. Do you have a web page?

no significant sox run on the nitnat. Lots of chum,chinooks and coho although not last year. The opening there looks like a river but heads into a lake. The actual river is not that big a prop couldnt get up. I have no firsthand knowlege of fishing the lake though i know lots on the board here have awsome info on it.

Thanks Kelly. Do they have any places to stay up there? Is the lake on the charts is it difficult to run the lake? I was reading something about the lake years ago and don't they do wind surfing.

Back