Bamfield Reports for this weekend!

we had 4 boats out there Friday, Saturday and Sunday...probably 25 hours of fishing per boat. Fished Ship, Kirby, Swale and the Wall. Lots of coho and small springs.
Ran into Osama Bin Hopper on the Seabeam dock...great to meet you Jeff, thanks for the tips and the needlefish hootchie. Got a mid to high teens that night on your hootchie:).

Pretty hilarious **** on here right now.

The wife and I were there Thurs - Sun. The only place we fished was the wall because we were in our new boat, I wanted to learn it, Jodi didn't really want to go anywhere else because it was close to home base.

Needless to say, we did very well.

We lost way more fish than we landed, and were still 2 fish away from our limits of both species.

Fishing was definitely sporadic, nothing for a couple of hours and then on for and hour. I think it is just fish moving in and being in the right place when they come through. The hottest bite we had was at about 9:30 Friday morning.

If you are in the travel corridor using the right thing when they come through you'll get them.

Our biggest in the boat was 26, but we definitely lost one that was bigger.

Glad that hoochie worked for you Backatit, did wonders for us.

Do you by any chance happen to know the ****ing retard I was moored up to that left my boat hanging by the bow only?!? It was a Seabeam rental. If you do please give them a shot in the bag for me.

Osama - OUT!!!

what type of hootchie you using osama?
this is going to be my first trip to the west coast this year:D
going to be running out of mckay lodge so we'll probably fish the wall at least once.

how long do you think it will take to get pretty close to bamfield in a 14 ft with a 30? and does any one have the number to china creek camp grounds?
thx alot

quote:Originally posted by bigguns

how long do you think it will take to get pretty close to bamfield in a 14 ft with a 30? and does any one have the number to china creek camp grounds?
thx alot

quote:Originally posted by bellboys

quote:Originally posted by bigguns

thx alot
It's about 32 miles from Port Al. to Bamfeild; probably take you an hour and a half.Go early before the wind comes up so you're not heading into it.

We were out there on tues and wednesday.Fishing started off really early on tues, had two in the boat before my wife even got up, one 18lb spring and one 6-8 coho, seems to be lots around. We got those in the middle of the channel in abot 300 feet on pink hotchie at 60 feet. We went in to bamfield after releasing a few shaker springs to do an oil change.We were back out by four and the action was non stop including a double header, again on pink hootchies.We endind up with six bonked, not bad for a day out.On wednesday we fished just arond the corner from the nook and picked up one 12lb coho.We got some cod then called it a day.The coho was on an anchovie at thirty feet with a red flasher

Lance

Lance

The last big spring i caught was just short of 4 feet long 33 inches round and was 14 inchs between the forks ,the weight was 59 lbs. It was caught at kelp point on dundas island so that fellow with the big spring from bamfield were i been plenty is holding about 39 lbs, it looks big next to the girl .That story dosent fly simply be because any spring of that proported size would have a short face and be from the Columbia River ,and i have caught them there in june off of pachina point.Havent been to bamfield in a few years now .thinking of going the 2nd week of august. Maybe visit Seabeam. My radio code name is Townie,see you out there. Vic

This is the last time I am going to waste time dealing with self proclaimed experts on this subject. Ironic that a guide in Bamfield told me does not post on this forum because there are too many of these self proclaimed experts.

I have no idea why it bothers certain people so much that they would make their very first post on this forum regarding this subject. Here is a picture of last years fish which was 3 pounds different (43 pounds). This picture is on a scale at Port Renfrew Marina clearly showing the weight and is also listed on last years over 40 club. Now if you compare that fish to one I caught this year in (Green shirt photo) it is quite obvious it is slightly bigger.
993899952_f26c3b076b_m.jpg
993899892_4ea8c6418a_m.jpg

954545654_708fd207cb_m.jpg
954545738_dfeffa3af3_m.jpg

Link to larger photos: http://flickr.com/photos/50417121@N00/

BTW vic I was told by a guide in Bamfield that the fish was a Columbian.

I will not bore others or waste any more time on the issue.

Nice fish man!! Some big ones coming off the West Coast this year!

Don't worry John, everyone's just jealous (including me).

Now you need to take Paul out and let him get one - he's been waiting all his life! He should have never passed that rod over!

2md

Back