Bamfield fishing report?

drhook

Anyone have any reports from the past week on fishing inside Barkley Sound? Bamfield Wall, Pill Pt, etc. Looking at giving it a try next week... or maybe Renfrew? Any suggestions?

Fished Pill Point 6 days last week very early bite then scratched away at it till 11am.Large glow green coyte spoon, black red white coyte,80 inch leaders , army truck hootchies with a 30 inch leader, fished 85 to 110 feet.All were about equal.Seals inside bay major headache.Bait did not work.Fished mouth of useless to Vernon bay mainly,caught and released a lot in the 8 to 10 lb range.Beautiful place looking forward to my September trip ,Good luck DAN.

Thanks for the reply. I'm also there at the beginning of September. May see you there. Whats your boat look like?
Decided to go to China Creek and fish for Sockeye. Sounds like its good for the socks right now.

Just got back from Bamfield tonight. Fished the wall on Saturday, not a sniff, the natives had a net set up just at the start of the wall about 1/2km out of the mouth of the harbour. Tried Kirby point as well on Saturday, radio chatter was promising, only put in about an hour, nothing , had to pull up and call it. (brothers wife got sea sick)Decided to go for it on Sunday. Went to seven mile bank IT PAID OFF , tons of fish. Probably hooked up 40 times or so. We lost a lot, released alot, and kept alot. Quite a few springs
Lots of Coho, even a Sockeye. The best producing lure was the plain
glow hootchie, it out preformed our spoons by a fair margin. We had the best luck for springs at 70 feet. The Coho were up a bit higher,
40 to 60 feet. Hope you have as good a time as I did.
Cheers... Rich

Back