Bamfield amenities

JWS

Crew Member
I’ve got a week in bamfield coming up soon (staying at poett nook), 4 days fishing with a buddy and 3 days with my wife and kid. We’d like to head into bamfield a night or two for dinner, and my wife and kid will tolerate more fishing if there’s some ice cream cone breaks. Is there any restaurants that has dock space we can tie up to for a couple hours? Also looking for salt ice, harbourside didn’t have any yet when I spoke with them, any other options for salt ice?

Suggestions for anything else worth checking out definitely appreciated.

Thank you

There are 3 places to eat that I know of in Bamfield. Finding a spot to tie up may be a bit tricky though. 2 on the west side including a new pub and 1 on the east side.

Reactions: JWS
Was Just there. The Wreckage has open mic night on Sundays. It's on the west side. There is another restaurant down the boardwalk by the store and Coast Guard base. Nice looking patio. I have heard the food is good. I never went there. If youbwant rhe vibe, I'd say the west side is your bet. You can tie up at a couple of spots.

Good luck on dock space pretty limited if you didn't plan ahead.

Government wharf might have some spaces I would call ahead. Salt ice and gas at McCays. Pricey $10.00 a bag. Jerry also has ice at Woods landing. I don't think it's salt ice though.

As far as restaurants I would go to Flora's at Bamfield Inn. Call Bamfiield Inn and ask about docks pace if your eating. Maybe they have suggestions/accommodate space. The Wreckage is OK but limited seating. They also have Pizza at grocery store as well if you wnat to just grab something, and walk around.

I would also recommend a walk down to Brady's beach, and taking stroll on boardwalk.

Government wharf might have some spaces I would call ahead. Salt ice and gas at McCays. Pricey $10.00 a bag. Jerry also has ice at Woods landing. I don't think it's salt ice though.

As far as restaurants I would go to Flora's at Bamfield Inn. Call Bamfiield Inn and ask about docks pace if your eating. Maybe they have suggestions/accommodate space. The Wreckage is OK but limited seating. They also have Pizza at grocery store as well if you wnat to just grab something, and walk around.

I would also recommend a walk down to Brady's beach, and taking stroll on boardwalk.
Great, thanks!

Thumbs up on Bradys Beach. Take some snacks. Bevies. Beach towel. There is a outhouse/ composting toilet there. It's a really nice beach . I heard Floras was great. I will try it next time.

Thanks!

as far as limited seating at the wreckage, you can sit outside along the boardwalk inside rail,- cool spot, or up on the deck of the lodge itself.
floras has a 30' finger coming but as for now there is no boat moorage available. both have great atmosphere, staff and food.

Careful of fuel docks out there. Pretty sure I got bad gas from one of the vendors deep in the harbour.

Careful of fuel docks out there. Pretty sure I got bad gas from one of the vendors deep in the harbour.
DMs tell me maybe I’m mistaken. In fairness, I can’t be certain. I’ve been also to reputable docks and had water in fuel. I’m sure this is the experience of many boat owners.

Poett nook has reg ice but lots and price is fair.
Wreckage is good. Flora's is new and is very nice (can tie up at the govt dock).
Poett nook also has fuel, never had a problem there.
I'll be there on and off the next 2 months. In a white duckworth, come say hi.

Poett nook has reg ice but lots and price is fair.
Wreckage is good. Flora's is new and is very nice (can tie up at the govt dock).
Poett nook also has fuel, never had a problem there.
I'll be there on and off the next 2 months. In a white duckworth, come say hi.
goverment dock? small boat parking on the inside, shuffle to fit if needed. but, the rest is loading zone and this has been an ongoing problem.

Back