Ballast bags

kingblazer84

Well needless to say I’m gonna need to add some weight in the bow of my boat lol I have like 2” of free board with the new engines and I really want to get back as much as possible!

so since I have open space in my bow, I was thinking either sand bags or ballast bags? Has anybody run those ballast bags before?

Well needless to say I’m gonna need to add some weight in the bow of my boat lol I have like 2” of free board with the new engines and I really want to get back as much as possible!

so since I have open space in my bow, I was thinking either sand bags or ballast bags? Has anybody run those ballast bags before?
I keep a 50 lb bag of sand in mine on the starboard side, opposite the kicker.

Get a bow fuel tank made up. That will shift a lot of weight forward.

I just did a weekend trip in my boat for the first time since the new main. I sit 1.5" lower in the stern when not moving. I have 60+ pounds of cannonballs in a bucket that I keep in front of the driver seat to level it out. My transom well drain plugs are now below water line so I put drain plugs in them. I put a quick-connect on the washdown pump hose so I can use the washdown pump to drain the transom well as needed. I'd like to get a bow fuel tank which will shift 80 litres of fuel from the stern to the bow, but I think I'm done spending money on this boat haha. Wife wants a cuddy now.

Get a bow fuel tank made up. That will shift a lot of weight forward.

I just did a weekend trip in my boat for the first time since the new main. I sit 1.5" lower in the stern when not moving. I have 60+ pounds of cannonballs in a bucket that I keep in front of the driver seat to level it out. My transom well drain plugs are now below water line so I put drain plugs in them. I put a quick-connect on the washdown pump hose so I can use the washdown pump to drain the transom well as needed. I'd like to get a bow fuel tank which will shift 80 litres of fuel from the stern to the bow, but I think I'm done spending money on this boat haha. Wife wants a cuddy now.

yeah if I spend that kind of coin right now my wife would mold me into a fuel tank and shove me into a small area lol prob going to just buy a 400lb fatsac off facebook for a ballast in the bow cheaper and easier for now atleast.

yeah if I spend that kind of coin right now my wife would mold me into a fuel tank and shove me into a small area lol prob going to just buy a 400lb fatsac off facebook for a ballast in the bow cheaper and easier for now atleast.
Well, it sounds like wives are the only problem here lol

Back