Back with another transducer question

tbeatm

Sent my chartplotter/fish finder to navico to hopefully get an unrelated software bug fixed, so I have been puttering around my boat, which leads to this thread...

Happy with my Airmar 165HW transducer overall, but looking at where I installed it, which seems to be the best spot for it for least amount of turbulence/noise from under the hull; wondering if I should shim something in there so its actually straight?

1719260294010.jpeg1719260351415.jpeg
I held a straight edge to show you what I mean, hope that description makes sense. (First picture shows straight edge from engine/middle of transom, second photo shows straight edge from the angled part where the transducer is installed below my hand).

I know sonar isn't the be all end all, half the fish I catch has nothing on the screen, but now that I have seen it I can't unsee it. Just wondering what others would do, if anything. Thanks!

Sent my chartplotter/fish finder to navico to hopefully get an unrelated software bug fixed, so I have been puttering around my boat, which leads to this thread...

Happy with my Airmar 165HW transducer overall, but looking at where I installed it, which seems to be the best spot for it for least amount of turbulence/noise from under the hull; wondering if I should shim something in there so its actually straight?

View attachment 107565View attachment 107566
I held a straight edge to show you what I mean, hope that description makes sense. (First picture shows straight edge from engine/middle of transom, second photo shows straight edge from the angled part where the transducer is installed below my hand).

I know sonar isn't the be all end all, half the fish I catch has nothing on the screen, but now that I have seen it I can't unsee it. Just wondering what others would do, if anything. Thanks!
If it was me I wouldn't worry about it..

Thanks guys, staying where it is. This is why too much time away from the water is a bad thing, you start asking dumb questions!

Back