Shout out to Lowrance/Navico and Harbour Chandler

Hot-Streak

I like to give out credit where credit is due.

I run two sonar displays on my boat and one is a Ti2. One day I had a problem with my Lowrance Ti2 where the transducer stopped working. The head unit still worked but was acting buggy. I looked up possible issues and figured out it was a software glitch where the sonar software shows version 0.0.0. I called Harbour chandler to check with them and we both trouble shot over the phone and confirmed it was 0.0.0. software bug.

Harbour chandler told me to bring the unit in but I'm in Victoria so they told me I could mail it to them and they'd try to fix it OR I could call Navico directly and see if they could send me software that could fix the issue.

I thought what the heck, can't hurt to call them. Looked up the number on the website, dialed it and nearly fell over from shock when an actual human being answered almost right away.... I was connected to the tech in Edmonton and had a very pleasant chat with him about my issue. He and I did a quick trouble shoot session and he too confirmed it was likely the software issue.

He offered me the option to send it directly to him and I agreed that was the way I wanted to go with the repair. I also told him about some of the strange software bugs happening to the head unit and he noted it as well. He kept me on the line while he emailed me a return authorization notice because he wanted to make sure I got the email from him.

I mailed the head unit to him right away and expected to hear back in a few weeks..... well 2 days later I get a notice that my unit was tested and I will be receiving a package back.... but not my Ti2...... I would be getting a new Lowrance FS?!??!

I get a delivery a few days later from FedEx and it is a brand new unit. I go and plug it into my boat... bam! my sidescan and downscan not only work but looks better then it did before! I also find out they loaded +CMAPs on the unit so I don't even need my Navionics card any longer!!!!

I have to say I am very happy with the quality/speed/and level of service from both companies. Navico for honoring and taking care of my issue without hassle or delay. Harbour Chandler for not even blinking about standing by the products they sell.

That's how you create customer loyalty and I will continue to be a customer of both in future.

It might help others with Navico products if you would share your contact info with us.Great to hear you had a real person to deal with.I wish telus,shaw etc. would provide a LOCAL english speaking tech help.

It might help others with Navico products if you would share your contact info with us.Great to hear you had a real person to deal with.I wish telus,shaw etc. would provide a LOCAL english speaking tech help.

Attachments

• F7717606-37DC-49D2-9273-BDCFBFC92533.png
    F7717606-37DC-49D2-9273-BDCFBFC92533.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 38
Back