Area 28-9

Still the notice linked above talks about cap hatchery fish but then goes on to state chinook salmon without being clear if its a) slot limit, b) hatchery marked or wild too...whats everyone's take here? I'm heading out soon, had planned to head further North but its too choppy for a solo effort today it seems.

doesnt say anything about a slot. i would assume its just min 62cm no max. Hatchery coho has been open the whole time. Wild coho will probably never open locally.

I'm going with the slot being in place and have a copy of the notice and map with me...why it needs to be so painful to keep pace with the regs I dunno.

Wild coho open for retention just an hour up the straits...

Slot still in place unfortunately.

IMG_171E943F6CA9-1.jpeg

Why they couldn't open up all of English Bay (i.e. 28-7) as well who knows. Any early run chinook that they are so concerned about that are this late and miss the mouth of the river deserve to be removed from the gene pool!

That's the FishingBC app from the SFI / PSF / DFO.

https://www.fishingbcapp.ca/

It was a bit clunky when it first came out over a year ago, but it's been steadily improving and much better this year. They seem to be pretty quick on updating the regs on the app - the 28-9 change was on there right away.

This is why they opened it up . Slim pickings for sure out there .

I'm off Byng right now. One tiny spring and a 3lb spring at 220' ugh

There are walls of bait too. So thick the fish finder thinks we've suddenly run out of water.

Back