Anyone with a Ram with a canopy?

Corey_lax

Crew Member
I just bought a canopy today for my truck. It was from a 2007 ram and mines a 2012. Can someone let me know how your rear glass looks against your tailgate? I can’t find any good photos.

does it have a trim piece on the canopy that follows the contour of the tail gate? Or should I notch the canopy hatch? Or remove the ram tailgate plastic cap that has a big lip on it? I can bend some checker plate or something to fit better than the current tailgate cap.

Attachments

• 7BEEC31A-23AF-4F33-829A-5BF1890575BB.jpeg
    7BEEC31A-23AF-4F33-829A-5BF1890575BB.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 9B79E450-0667-410E-B897-BB6E4512707F.jpeg
    9B79E450-0667-410E-B897-BB6E4512707F.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 127
  • 2D96FCA0-C719-4621-9A6A-5B291CBDDA9D.jpeg
    2D96FCA0-C719-4621-9A6A-5B291CBDDA9D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 131
If you raise it up 0.5 of an inch does it close properly? There's a foam tape that goes between the canopy and the bed rails that might help.

If you raise it up 0.5 of an inch does it close properly? There's a foam tape that goes between the canopy and the bed rails that might help.
I can give that a whirl. It would have to be some pretty stiff foam tape I suppose.

nevermind. I could use some stiff blocking and a thick foam tape to seal. It might work. At least it’s worth playing around with before I cut anything up

I think I’m just gonna trim a bit off the bottom of the door and get a new sweep/seal. I got lots of seals at work that would look factory.

canopy was only $400. Can’t go wrong. Everyone else wants $2,000 for their used canopies. My buddy just paid $5,000 for a new canopy for his Tacoma

Last edited:
I think I’m just gonna trim a bit off the bottom of the door and get a new sweep/seal. I got lots of seals at work that would look factory.

canopy was only $400. Can’t go wrong. Everyone else wants $2,000 for their used canopies. My buddy just paid $5,000 for a new canopy for his Tacoma
Unfortunately latest gen tailgate shape wont fit the earlier models. There is a tail gate cap you can get that helps. Its a plastic add on. I think Cap-It may have them.

Unfortunately latest gen tailgate shape wont fit the earlier models. There is a tail gate cap you can get that helps. Its a plastic add on. I think Cap-It may have them.
I’ve seen that piece. Makes it flat across the top instead of pooling water and getting soaked when you open the tailgate hahaha. I might order one or just make something myself. So far I’ve cut the bottom seal off the canopy to get it to lock but it’s not weather tight yet

I’ve seen that piece. Makes it flat across the top instead of pooling water and getting soaked when you open the tailgate hahaha. I might order one or just make something myself. So far I’ve cut the bottom seal off the canopy to get it to lock but it’s not weather tight yet
Should solve your problem, pretty sure it was Cap-It that I got mine at. Good luck. Just ordered my delete kit, new exhaust, and mini maxx controller. The Cummins will purrrrrrrr

Should solve your problem, pretty sure it was Cap-It that I got mine at. Good luck. Just ordered my delete kit, new exhaust, and mini maxx controller. The Cummins will purrrrrrrr
Mine's deleted. 4" exhaust, kept a muffler, BullydogGT tuner, S&B intake. I wanted to keep it stock looking/sounding but it runs so much better and much better mileage. You're going to be happy with it.

If by any chance when you install that miniaxx, if it has user selectable timing feature from 1 to 5, 3 being default, don't go over 3.

If by any chance when you install that miniaxx, if it has user selectable timing feature from 1 to 5, 3 being default, don't go over 3.
Tx for tip...I heard if you bump it up to 5 you can roast the tires at 60mph...can't imagine that is much good for the engine so I will take your advice and keep it below level 3.

Just don’t get a bully dog tuner and you’ll love it

I got the bullydog tuner on my Ram 6.7 and love driving it. Sounds awesome, purrs and no issues. What have you experienced?
I just purchased the Mini Maxx, haven't installed yet. Waiting for the delete kit and exhaust kit to arrive. Heard good things about fuel economy, which is my main reason for going this route. I don't really think the 6.7 needs any more power, she already smokes the tires...can't imagine what it will do with a little power boost.

I have the bullydoggt tuner as well and no issues in 200,000km. I never tried anything else so I can’t compare. When I bought it, I thought the mini maxx wasn’t being sold anywhere in Canada

I got the bullydog tuner on my Ram 6.7 and love driving it. Sounds awesome, purrs and no issues. What have you experienced?
Terrible shift points holds gears for to long and jumps back and forth between gears at the wrong speeds
Blew a couple trannys myself and know others with similar experience
I went with efi live and havnt had any problems since

To be fair, Ram has never been known for having good transmissions haha.

If my bullydog ever craps out, I'll check out efi live.

To be fair, Ram has never been known for having good transmissions haha.

If my bullydog ever craps out, I'll check out efi live.
No they havnt if your not having issues I’d imagine you won’t but after 2 trannys in under 10000 km I decided it wasn’t for me
If you ever do have the elusive dodge tranny problem I’m pretty stoked on my billet bd tranny they custom build it to the tunes in your truck and it’s only a couple grand more

Back