Any thoughts on Lions Gate Marina in North Vancouver

ichenjia

Hi guys,

I am a newb. Just curious what are your thoughts on LGM? Are they any good? I knew they changed their pricing but it still seems reasonable for drydock in the middle of the Vancouver area. But what I am not sure of are their services and the quality of their facilities.

Any feedbacks?

Thank you!

they have a bad rep.
for drydock try shelter island marina.
very cheap and they will take anything. will also allow you to do anything.

they have a bad rep.
for drydock try shelter island marina.
very cheap and they will take anything. will also allow you to do anything.
When you say bad rep. What specific things they did to deserve that? Can you give me some ideas? Thank you. Shelter island is too far from me ( I live in north Vancouver).

its a mismanaged, failing marina. tons of customers have complained about them losing boat keys, high staff turnover, bird droppings and dirt falling on boats etc etc. take your pick.
try the port moody reed point one -- its better and closer than shelter island if you like but you pay accordingly.

Hi guys,

I am a newb. Just curious what are your thoughts on LGM? Are they any good? I knew they changed their pricing but it still seems reasonable for drydock in the middle of the Vancouver area. But what I am not sure of are their services and the quality of their facilities.

Any feedbacks?

Thank you!
If you have other options, even at a slightly higher rate, you should consider that over LGM. I’ve stored 3 boats with them since 2012. The quality of the operations and customer service has gone downhill under the “new management”. If you decide to go with them, read the lease contract carefully before signing it. They’re basically putting all the liability on you and ask you to pay them on time for what is clearly stated as “storage only”. This happens when the building developers get to operate a marina.

edit: everything said about staff turnover, pigeon cr*p, damage to your boat/trailer is true. Add to that a very rude office lady and see if you still want to give them your business.

Last edited:
If you have other options, even at a slightly higher rate, you should consider that over LGM. I’ve stored 3 boats with them since 2012. The quality of the operations and customer service has gone downhill under the “new management”. If you decide to go with them, read the lease contract carefully before signing it. They’re basically putting all the liability on you and ask you to pay them on time for what is clearly stated as “storage only”. This happens when the building developers get to operate a marina.

edit: everything said about staff turnover, pigeon cr*p, damage to your boat/trailer is true. Add to that a very rude office lady and see if you still want to give them your business.
Damn, that sounds like that place is about to turn into a highrise building. Where are you storing your boat now? Thank you!

its a mismanaged, failing marina. tons of customers have complained about them losing boat keys, high staff turnover, bird droppings and dirt falling on boats etc etc. take your pick.
try the port moody reed point one -- its better and closer than shelter island if you like but you pay accordingly.

Any thoughts on Lynwood?

Damn, that sounds like that place is about to turn into a highrise building. Where are you storing your boat now? Thank you!
That place cannot be turned into anything in short term as their re-zoning application got rejected by the City. Port of Can also has an eye on that property so who knows what’s going to happen. The soil is contaminated and cannot be easily repurposed so these guys may just sit on it for now and keep shafting the patrons.
I’m on the waitlist for a couple of other places but for now I think I’m going to eat the bullet and store my boat inside the shed at LGM until April. The bas*ds didn’t notify anyone about their new lease program and rates until September 1st so it’s too late for many folks to find another place befor the end of the year.

Thinking of mooring somewhere on the island for the next spring and summer where I can actually use my boat for fishing and then parking it on my driveway for fall and winter. My boat is trailerable and I have the Carver full cover for the winter. Not ideal but better than paying $5k/year for the “storage only” service in a super dirty place.
Good luck!

That place cannot be turned into anything in short term as their re-zoning application got rejected by the City. Port of Can also has an eye on that property so who knows what’s going to happen. The soil is contaminated and cannot be easily repurposed so these guys may just sit on it for now and keep shafting the patrons.
I’m on the waitlist for a couple of other places but for now I think I’m going to eat the bullet and store my boat inside the shed at LGM until April. The bas*ds didn’t notify anyone about their new lease program and rates until September 1st so it’s too late for many folks to find another place befor the end of the year.

Thinking of mooring somewhere on the island for the next spring and summer where I can actually use my boat for fishing and then parking it on my driveway for fall and winter. My boat is trailerable and I have the Carver full cover for the winter. Not ideal but better than paying $5k/year for the “storage only” service in a super dirty place.
Good luck!
What kinda boat do you have Ringo?

Campion 542 for saltwater and a Hewescraft Sportsman 180 that I’ve stored at Williams Lake for the last couple of years. Sadly, I’ve had more productive fishing days on the Sportman thanks to DFO.

Campion 542 for saltwater and a Hewescraft Sportsman 180 that I’ve stored at Williams Lake for the last couple of years. Sadly, I’ve had more productive fishing days on the Sportman thanks to DFO.
Hi Ringo, what's West Vancouver Marina's rep like?

My buddy is at WV Marina. They spent a junk load on new floats as the old ones were treacherous. I've only been in and out of there a few times but holy smokes the slips are tight.

Last edited:
As for lgm, I was there for a few years when the mckeens owned it and a few after. The local providers are great, but I did like the family business vibe before the transaction occurred. Still, lots of familiar faces in the yard workers and a few 20s goes a long way. They have renovated the warehouses and are plowing cash into the place so I don't see any change in property use for quite some time. My boat is out of there now into a wet slip shed but my trailer is stored at lgm as I'm too lazy to store it at the cabin. I did have my boat inside the warehouse again this summer during the unplanned repower and they have done a decent job on the flying rat situation...the yard will always be dirty due to the Sulphur piles, etc.

But if you want indoor and plan to keep the boat wet slipped during the summer season it's a good spot.

Last edited:
My buddy is at WV Marina. They spent a junk load on new floats as the old ones were treacherous. I've only been in and out of there a few times but holy smokes the slips are tight.
Yeah I noticed that. Kinda scares me a hit since I am a newb

Good luck!
Milltown is building extra capacity in their dry stack. Its for larger boats up to 30' i think. Its currently under construction and likely close to completion. It'll open up some extra capacity there shortly. Call them or better go talk to them. Great place. Great bar, good staff, docks are impeccable. 15 minutes to N Arm, 35 to sandheads.

Back