Any River Inlet Report ?

Slow last week saw 2 at head fished 2 days on way past.

Good hope boats telling people no downrigger fishing at the offical boundary Rutherford mcphee bay. Haven't looked into it yet but my printed Regs and app telling me a different story.

I personally wasn't there but they told off some buddies who didn't know better.

Probably picking up now down there.

I haven’t checked the Regs either Myles but was told by a few buddies that they moved the boundary out the inlet more and McPhee no riggers now. Best to have a look tho

I was the one good hope was telling us no downriggers allowed, ive also checked and read the regs and unless there's another special notification somewhere on DFOs website, it still says "west of a line starting at the fishing boundary signs at Rutherford Point to the fishing boundary sign at McAllister Point." what a DiĆk that guy is. obviously didn't want the competition of a boat with downriggers beside him while he was mooching with clients on board so he's making up lies.

I'm here now. Saw 4 or 5 caught on this mornings bite. My buddy landed 1 hooked 3.
Fishing the head only.
Samnjoe thank for the Report how many days left on your trip .How the boat traffic on the marker 16 side in the morning.Keep your reports coming..........

We are done now. Only fished 2 days at the head. Saw 4 caught this morning. Heard it was much slower before we got there.

So correct me if I'm wrong but when i read this the spot is still open? West of the lime mooching only. So they original downrigger boundary is still the same?
The original SMZ boundaries are the same. At the Head, past the Rutherford-McPherson line (east of it). It’s 2 a day. 2 annual limit. 8 oz weight limit. No downriggers

THIS IS NEW FOR THIS YEAR(July 18th)
For the rest of area 9-6(west of Mcphearson) and areas 9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-7, 9-8, and 9-9(basically northeast of waddams it’s 1 per day, 2 Posession, 10 annual limit. ALSO SAME GEAR RESTRICTION NO DOWNRIGGERS, 8 oz weight limit.

Attachments

• IMG_4099.png
    IMG_4099.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4098.png
    IMG_4098.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 19
That being said, we’ve only had one large fish (56.7) and one 27 on Aug 2nd in 10 days of boats fishing there

holy cow DFO makes it SOOO clear. looks like I was wrong and so ill retract my good hope being a dick statement, but I still get conflicting info when reading publications or looking at the Fish BC app. the app doesn't mention the gear restrictions for west of the Rutherford line

The original SMZ boundaries are the same. At the Head, past the Rutherford-McPherson line (east of it). It’s 2 a day. 2 annual limit. 8 oz weight limit. No downriggers

THIS IS NEW FOR THIS YEAR(July 18th)
For the rest of area 9-6(west of Mcphearson) and areas 9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-7, 9-8, and 9-9(basically northeast of waddams it’s 1 per day, 2 Posession, 10 annual limit. ALSO SAME GEAR RESTRICTION NO DOWNRIGGERS, 8 oz weight limit.
After reading that it says west of the boundary. I think your wrong but maybe I've had too many kokanee. Ps haki pass was good today. Cultus was meh

After reading that it says west of the boundary. I think your wrong but maybe I've had too many kokanee. Ps haki pass was good today. Cultus was meh
After reading over and over again, buried way down in the Regs I found that portion saying west of the line so I guess it's closed. You think that would be made extremely obvious. But not surprised they make it confusing. Easier to hand out more tickets! Darn! Used to love that spot.

Yeah the way they specify east and west of the 9- 6 line makes it confusing. Why not just include all of 9 as mooching only

Back