Any recommendations on a decent cooler.

Brett83

Hey guys, anyone have a good recommendation on a good large size fishing cooler. My buddy has a Calcutta, probably 75 lbs empty, with a few fish it's too heavy. Otherwise it's really good. I have a Coleman that's only 1.5 years old a the lids warped, it's a flat lid so maybe the dome shape prevents warp. Yeti seems just as heavy as the Calcutta. My dad has a Coleman from the ninety's that's still in it original shape. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I have a Coleman Marine that I bought a few years ago and it’s seen a lot of abuse and is still keeping fish cold on multi day trips. Also have an Iglo 150 QT that I can recommend. A bit on the heavier side but definitely has better insulation than the Coleman. I’ve heard good things about the Yeti ones but I’ve never used one myself before.

X3 Igloo Polar. Get one without the hatch on the lid as hatches allow water in and heat in. I have the 120qt. Also have a 150 qt Igloo. Firm believer in multiple smaller coolers. Once load with ice & fish, a 150qt gets too heavy fast. My 120qt is usually my white fish cooler while I have a 90 or 100qt which is usually my salmon cooler. Holds ice for 4 day
Trip no problem. Fish gets home in great shape. Proper ice, storage & draining of the cooler is key.

Back