Any deals on AGM batteries?

I'm just using mine for starting a 135 Etec, and running basic accessories while underway.

For normal duty (above 0C) the manual states: 675CCA or 875MCA. The Group 24 Energizer AGM is rated at 710CCA, so that should be good. The Group 27 Energizer AGM is also available and is rated at 850CCA, which would be my upgrade pick however I need to confirm I can make all my connections with the adapter/recessed post and still fit in my battery box. Both batteries were available at the Burnaby Costco on Production Way

I purchased the boat last year and it has a dual battery setup with two AC Delco Voyager Group 27 flooded lead acid batteries, that were a bit underrated (650CCA), and are date coded to Dec 2018. They still work, but are on borrowed time. I carried a booster kit last season (and will continue to do so), but its time to replace.

The dual battery setup is overkill for me, so I think i'm going to switch to a single and keep the booster kit as my backup. I'd like to lose the extra 50lbs from the stern, and save $300. Everything I was seeing online, at Canadian Tire or other automotive stores was +/-$350 (significantly more if you want a Rolls AGM), and nothing matches the Costco warranty.

I think you’re right about 2 batteries being overkill and costing you in terms of both weight and money. I’ve got a Canadian Tire marine AGM group 24 as my only battery and it’s excellent. My Hourston 18 has Yamaha 115 four stroke and a 9.9 Suzuki 4 stroke kicker, both with alternators to charge the battery. I run 2 electric downriggers, a vhf radio, a chartplotter, a fishfinder and a tiny AIS receiver. No issue at all in terms of power since all but the downriggers use tiny amounts of electricity, and even using the riggers a ton never drains the battery in any significant way. I do keep a Noco jump starter on board just in case. So many small boats like mine have very modest electrical requirements, so a single battery is all that is needed. Save weight and money.

Edmonds battery in Langley, I buy all my batteries from them,they have all kinds from lead,agm, and lithium, great service and warranty, better prices then any,also one in Surrey I think but who wants to go to Surrey lol

Back