Anbody fished Sooke?

Thanks guys well today was very slow and it was rather windy saw maybe 5 fish caught was at possesion and then trap we got 1, 20 lbs at trap heard otter came on again in the afternoon but there were 6 footers up there so i didnt go day off tommorow so far chat to you guys soon Wolf

Wolf, ME. RH et al....Although I only come into this forum once a week,(busy taking clients to Nootka and Port Alberni all summer (oops let slip another secret spot) I would appreciate you people to do me one favour....
Ignore all the peanut gallery stuff...it will go away..trust me...
I very much appreciate the updates and we need to just ignore comments that are unproductive and petty.
So now that I have that off my chest...has anyone tried a lure by the name of Baitbuster?
I have just started using them and they are taking some fish..just asking as we all know what short supply good anchovies are on the Island right now...
If you want we can post as a new topic...cheers

boc

Wolf, ME. RH et al....Although I only come into this forum once a week,(busy taking clients to Nootka and Port Alberni all summer (oops let slip another secret spot) I would appreciate you people to do me one favour....
Ignore all the peanut gallery stuff...it will go away..trust me...
I very much appreciate the updates and we need to just ignore comments that are unproductive and petty.
So now that I have that off my chest...has anyone tried a lure by the name of Baitbuster?
I have just started using them and they are taking some fish..just asking as we all know what short supply good anchovies are on the Island right now...
If you want we can post as a new topic...cheers

boc

I haven't tried baitbuster but I heard they work. Anyone know where you can get them around Victoria?
Tom
On the subject of sharing info- I appreciate any help I can get and enjoy helping others if I happen to know a little bit about some aspect of fishing. Wolf and the other charter guys on this board obviously have more experience and daily knowledge than most and I like to read their posts. Keep it up!

Edited by - tsquared on 08/15/2004 22:32:04

I haven't tried baitbuster but I heard they work. Anyone know where you can get them around Victoria?
Tom
On the subject of sharing info- I appreciate any help I can get and enjoy helping others if I happen to know a little bit about some aspect of fishing. Wolf and the other charter guys on this board obviously have more experience and daily knowledge than most and I like to read their posts. Keep it up!

Edited by - tsquared on 08/15/2004 22:32:04

I would try Island outfitters for sure...they are distributed by Redl I believe to all the sports stores.
I have found them in all the tackle stores up here (Courtenay/Campbell River)
They come un-rigged at about $4.00 each.
Green/Glow White and Black/White have taken a couple nice Coho's yesterday at Nootka.
I got some tips from a very reputable Guide in Victoria on speed etc for Springs,,,,will update in the next couple days on what I can do with them.

boc

I would try Island outfitters for sure...they are distributed by Redl I believe to all the sports stores.
I have found them in all the tackle stores up here (Courtenay/Campbell River)
They come un-rigged at about $4.00 each.
Green/Glow White and Black/White have taken a couple nice Coho's yesterday at Nootka.
I got some tips from a very reputable Guide in Victoria on speed etc for Springs,,,,will update in the next couple days on what I can do with them.

boc

Going out to Sooke Friday ...hear the Trap & Beechy and Aldridge have been on, but kinda of a funny tide right now. Guys have been catching fish at 5 am and the evening bite has been good the last couple of days, or so I hear.

Just brined my first batch of choves with some powdered milk & rock salt...curious to see how that works vs. just rock salt.

BTW Outfitters just got a batch of nice choves in, "UMPQUA" brand from Oregon...they look way better that the Bluewater ones which I thought were lousy, too soft and didn't brine well.

Remember, "When the Fish aren't Biting...the Fish aren't Biting!!"

Going out to Sooke Friday ...hear the Trap & Beechy and Aldridge have been on, but kinda of a funny tide right now. Guys have been catching fish at 5 am and the evening bite has been good the last couple of days, or so I hear.

Just brined my first batch of choves with some powdered milk & rock salt...curious to see how that works vs. just rock salt.

BTW Outfitters just got a batch of nice choves in, "UMPQUA" brand from Oregon...they look way better that the Bluewater ones which I thought were lousy, too soft and didn't brine well.

So we were out today in Becher Bay for the 11 am tide change, saw lots of people pulling in fish right around 11 am at Bechey Head...We had a nice hit between Beechy and Aldridge in tight at 62 ft...it was a big one and ran like a mother then turned back around and came right at the boat and spat the hook...buddy who lost it just came back from Winter Harbor and said this one pulled a hell of a lot harder than all the 30-34 pounders he had there. After that the wind kicked up pretty good and everyone headed in.

BTW that new bait I got at outfitters yesterday is the best I've had all year, easily better than the Rhys Davies we had earlier this summer...the Bluewater stuff most places have now is not even in the same league.

So we were out today in Becher Bay for the 11 am tide change, saw lots of people pulling in fish right around 11 am at Bechey Head...We had a nice hit between Beechy and Aldridge in tight at 62 ft...it was a big one and ran like a mother then turned back around and came right at the boat and spat the hook...buddy who lost it just came back from Winter Harbor and said this one pulled a hell of a lot harder than all the 30-34 pounders he had there. After that the wind kicked up pretty good and everyone headed in.

BTW that new bait I got at outfitters yesterday is the best I've had all year, easily better than the Rhys Davies we had earlier this summer...the Bluewater stuff most places have now is not even in the same league.

Going out for the tide change this morning, and if the weather is good we'll stay out till 6 or 7.

Cheers!

Going out for the tide change this morning, and if the weather is good we'll stay out till 6 or 7.

Cheers!

Was out today and it was dead slow. Lots of small fish around but nothing of any size. Didn't see much happening !!!!

Tournament Proven !

Was out today and it was dead slow. Lots of small fish around but nothing of any size. Didn't see much happening !!!!

Tournament Proven !

Went ot by Secretary midday, 1 8lb Hatchery, 3pm bite came on, 3-4lb wilds, got one 10lb hatchery, no Springs.

B Gibb

Went ot by Secretary midday, 1 8lb Hatchery, 3pm bite came on, 3-4lb wilds, got one 10lb hatchery, no Springs.

B Gibb

Out to Otter this am. 1 45 lb, 1 15 lb and 2 hatch jobs from 45 to 80 ft, big one at 80. Saw quite a few caught.Had to leave at 2 before pm bite, it looked like it was going to be good.
Tom

Back