Aluminum boat riviting

coastrunner

Hi I have a 16' lund that's riveted with some bad leaking rivits I've drilled some out and tried hammering new ones in but it's not my thing and I don't have a desire to learn more about it. I'm looking for a place on Vancouver island that does riviting so far everywhere I phoned dosen't and dosen't know of anyone who does.

Any help on this would be great as I want to get back on the water.

You might want to try checking with some of the float plane bases here on the Island. Those things are all riveted. If they don’t do it themselves, they might advise you where they get the stuff done. The pontoons all have to get re-riveted every now and again as a result of the poundings they take. You could try Sealand Aviation out at the Campbell River airport. They are a major player in aircraft manufacturing and repair.

Last edited:
Give Pacific Seaplanes a call too. they may have a contact.

Hi I have a 16' lund that's riveted with some bad leaking rivits I've drilled some out and tried hammering new ones in but it's not my thing and I don't have a desire to learn more about it. I'm looking for a place on Vancouver island that does riviting so far everywhere I phoned dosen't and dosen't know of anyone who does.

It's pretty easy to use closed-end rivets if you can rent or borrow the right rivet gun. I'd ask at your local fastenall if they know of anyone.

I can drive rivets and I'm tooled up. I head away to work tomorrow for 2 weeks though. Not sure what rivets boat builders used, I have a few MS aviation ones kicking around though, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16 (we don't want to go that big though). I'm in south Nanaimo.

Back