Alberni Inlet - Bait or Pink Hoochies?

Time

I'll be up in Alberni Inlet, probably fishing close to town at the head of the inlet, next week. It's been about 12-15 years since I was last there and at that time all anybody seemed to use was pink squirts or hoochies behind a red/silver flasher.
Is this still the preferred offering to make, or has the fishery changed?
Input appreciated. Thanks.
Doug

I was just up there this past weekend but we were fishing near china creek (into the inlet). We started with chovie but noticed most people were using pink squirts and other hoochies, so we switched over but only ended up with one. (we switched over a little to late) Other people seemed to be gettng them mostly on hoochies/squirts and I only saw two fish caught on chovies... if you're going to fish up near bamfield then i would suggest fishing one rod chovie and one hoochie. Green and purple haze seemed to be working well and the depth of choice was 40-60. start at 40 in the morning (duh) and work your way down as the day goes on. Good Luck and tight lines,

Waddy

(oh ps: flashers didnt make a difference, just stick with the traditional red or green!)

Try a mb182 its pink and blue.Seems to be like a magnet to them.We had a double header on springs while trying for socks mid july two years ago.and I banged one last week with a 182.

yes and its really hot right about now! will be good for next week or more!!

Back