A risk of being a guide.....

I just searched. You can also use file number 203070, but the website is asking for $6 and I'm not that interested to pay it.

Yeah don’t bother paying, I have before and it literally gives you 1 page that basically says nothing but you can pay another 6 bucks to get another page that basically says nothing.

no idea how that **** works

OK, I'll bite (ha!)
Mr. Thorne has filed a Notice of Civil Claim on March 12, 2020.
No response yet filed. Not sure when the filed NoCC was served on the Defendants.
It is time from service that counts to when response must be filed.

Attachments

• NoCC.pdf
    171.3 KB · Views: 14
The NoCC is typical boilerplate, really says nothing at all. Could be an injury to any part of his body from anything.
No particulars of the injury, the activity, the alleged negligence.

Law firm specializes in cross border personal injury.
My uninformed guess is a contingency file where they bat for the fences and are surprised when they don't strike out.

I would hope in a case like this a judge would look at what is reasonable care (or a fiduciary responsibility) provided by the guide and judge accordingly. Catching and reeling in a fish on a guided fishing trip... what the heck did you think was going to happen? People need to take responsibility for themselves at some level. Terrible for the angler in question no doubt, but hopefully not a liability for the guide.

You start to sink and have no life jackets onboard to provide - the guides in trouble ...

Something like this case I hope not, sets a bad precedence

An American living up to the stereotype for sure. Total idiot. I know it is bad for the economy, but happy the border is now closed to idiots like this. Lang is so confident in his abilities he offers a refund if you do not catch a sturgeon. Strongly recommended him if you ever want to try to haul in a 300lb fish locally.

An American living up to the stereotype for sure. Total idiot. I know it is bad for the economy, but happy the border is now closed to idiots like this. Lang is so confident in his abilities he offers a refund if you do not catch a sturgeon. Strongly recommended him if you ever want to try to haul in a 300lb fish locally.
What guide service is this? It’s on my bucket list. This guy deserves some buisness. I have the back of a carpenter for the last twenty years but I won’t blame him....

Keep in mind this guide apparently has no liability insurance. Better make sure he's changed that before you go and book with him.

Back