9 Inch Chart plotter/Fish finder recommendation?

Kinetic

Hello, I'm looking for 9 Inch Chart plotter/Fish finder recommendations for around $1200 (including transducer).
It's to replace the 7 inch Ray Marine Element Sport I currently have on my 18ft Silver streak.
I'm looking for something with great bottom detail as I fish for halibut year round (transom mount transducer). I don't need radar or auto pilot enabled.
Real life recommendations appreciated.

Check Cabellas for hds 9 carbon. They go on sale regularly Great unit has charts and transducer. Also a meme er here was selling an axiom 9 in the buy sell section. It was a smoking deal.

Garmin on sale now

I had an incredible warranty experience with Garmin. They replaced a 5 year old GPSMAP chart plotter that came with a used boat I bought. I didn't have a receipt for it. The screen had started to delaminate. They had quite making the model so they just straight up gave me the current equivalent, even sent the new one before I sent them the old one so I wouldn't be stuck without a unit during there process.

Can't comment on their stuff vs other manufacturers. I've been happy with it though.

I have a 9in Garmin Echomap uhd2. Very happy with it easy to use clear screen. Came with everything you need.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
Can anyone give advice on a transducer?
A salesman told me for what I'm looking for I shouldn't use the factory 3 in 1 transducer that mose manufacturers provide. He suggested buying something like the Airmar tm150 transducer instead for better bottom definition.

In
Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
Can anyone give advice on a transducer?
A salesman told me for what I'm looking for I shouldn't use the factory 3 in 1 transducer that mose manufacturers provide. He suggested buying something like the Airmar tm150 transducer instead for better bottom definition.

Interesting. I’m using the transducer that came with my Garmin Striker Vivid 5CV, and it works great. It’s described, in part, as follows:

The 20 ft transducer cable with built-in fast response temperature sensor has a power rating of 500 W; a depth of 1,900 ft (traditional) and 750 ft (ClearVü); an operating frequency of 77/200 kHz (traditional) and 455 kHz (ClearVü); and a 0 to 70 transom angle.

That’s plenty deep, and it uses CHIRP. Is anything more really necessary for the kind of fishing that most of us do?

In

Interesting. I’m using the transducer that came with my Garmin Striker Vivid 5CV, and it works great. It’s described, in part, as follows:

The 20 ft transducer cable with built-in fast response temperature sensor has a power rating of 500 W; a depth of 1,900 ft (traditional) and 750 ft (ClearVü); an operating frequency of 77/200 kHz (traditional) and 455 kHz (ClearVü); and a 0 to 70 transom angle.

That’s plenty deep, and it uses CHIRP. Is anything more really necessary for the kind of fishing that most of us do?
yes, depends on the salesperson too, do they fish in a shallow lake or the ocean. So much of the structure and vision discussion is for 30-80 ft of water.

Back