40 Years Now - Where'd They Go?

IronNoggin

Yep. 40 years ago my Lady and I strode up to the Alter, and said the words of promise, love and commitment to each other.
It is very difficult for me to comprehend that so much time has literally flown by. For it certainly doesn't seem that long to me...

There have been a lot more ups than downs, and she certainly has been my pillar of support through all this time.
What she sees in me I guess I'll never really fully know, but am certainly grateful for whatever that might be!

I love her as much today (or even more) than I did that day so long ago.
I know she understands that, even though I probably don't say it enough.
And, from the look in her eyes, I well understand she feels the same for me.
And for that I will always be eternally grateful!

It's been a wonderful run thus far!
And I look immensely forward to sharing the rest of my life with my True Love!
No matter what life may toss our way, together we can face anything successfully.

Loved you then Lady.
Love you now.
Always will!!!

Your Appreciative Husband...
Matt

Yep. 40 years ago my Lady and I strode up to the Alter, and said the words of promise, love and commitment to each other.
It is very difficult for me to comprehend that so much time has literally flown by. For it certainly doesn't seem that long to me...

There have been a lot more ups than downs, and she certainly has been my pillar of support through all this time.
What she sees in me I guess I'll never really fully know, but am certainly grateful for whatever that might be!

No matter what life may toss our way, together we can face anything successfully.

Loved you then Lady.
Love you now.
Always will!!!

Matt
Lovely tribute Matt!!!
going on 52 years for me and I feel the same way!
AND never once did I call her "My old lady"

Congratulations!
Beautiful tribute Matt - you are a good man!
I have always appreciated the amazing recipes you have shared on this forum, and they always include a table beautifully set for two - that says something about why she considers you a keeper! :)

40 years for us too this August. I have no idea why the wife is still with me; thought I'd given her plenty of reasons to leave. Lol. Actually, it's been great. Congrats to the both of you.

Congratulations on that huge milestone! I can tell the way you speak about her you’re smitten.

Loved you then Lady.
Love you now.
Always will!!!

Matt
Congratulations my friend.

Back