232 Grady Drive Rebuild

TIMG_5659.jpgThe boat is a 2006 it had a 250 Yamaha for power it would burn anywhere from 14.5 to 17 gallons an hour going 24 to 27 miles an hour. Had to run the Yamaha around 5000 to 5400.
Getting on plane was terrible, I would only run the fuel at half tank just to get better results. The G2 made a total different handling boat.
attached is what I did the first trip out with it.

I was averaging 47 to 55 litres a hr with my 300 Zukie so that pretty good..you hav e 50-100gallon or 100 - 100 gallon tanks?

Was the pod leaking?
Yes I resealed it and it lasted one season. Stayed in the water from June till September noticed it sitting low and when I pulled it there was water in it. Removing the pod is not easy, it takes a lot of patience. There is a spray that softens 5200. I used spyder line to help cut the sealant between the transom and the pod. Wooden wedges also. GradyWhite also recommends to retighten mounting nuts if needed. Mine were loose because the gap between the transom and the pod was tight when installed.

That would cool... I'm in the process of of re doing electronics & putting in a auto pilot & a repowering :)

Last edited:
Back