2116 - HP downrigger cost

MikeyL

Just wondering what the cost would be to buy a good condition used 2116? I'm looking for 1 unit and hoping i don't get ripped off.

Downrigger prices are high right now considering there is no salmon fishing. I've say $450-600. For wire they are on sale at Harbour Chandler for $700 with Swivel. Price depends on if the counters have been upgraded, if they come with swivels and mounting bolts and if there is new braid or new steel, with a recent receipt. I've bought DR with new steel and almost lost my balls :)

You need to be on the ball to get a used 2116. Not a lot of them for sale and when they are, gone fast!! Or the seller never responds $600 seems to be the average price anything under that seems to be a fair deal.

I got one for $450 but haven’t been able to get a second one as I have missed every deal I have seen.

A brand new 2116 HP with dual rocket launchers?! You’re lucky to find a used 1106 for that price.
I’d say used 2116 $600 each
Downriggers the crypto of fishing Short arms
Electric Downrighers and platform mounts
C$1,050

It may be worth your while to pay for a new one. If you buy a used one, and it has already been registered in someone else's name you may have problems accessing the free lifetime factory warranty repair and servicing. That warranty is perhaps the best reason to buy a Scotty and Scotty is amazing with the service they provide under that warranty.

I bought a new 2106 some years back at Trotac in Victoria. I did not need the mounting plate and swivel base as they were already on the boat, so they kept them to sell separately and credited me, which saved some bucks. I also have an acct. with them, which gives me a small discount. Sometimes various retailers put them on sale, so it could pay to consider a new one and shop around.

Back