2024 Port Renfrew Reports

Slow day for us yesterday. Fished just ip from.camper all the way down
One coho, couple smaller lines. Some rock fish. A few hits and one keeper chinook. Lost 2 decent fish on line breaks sadly. One ran like crazy!! Broke a rod. Got rough in the afternoon. Bait got all the hits. Big bait. 6" chovies. Silver betsies green and red. Green and chrome teaser heads

A little late fished swiftsure on the 4-5 of august lots of nice kings we landed 6 fish over 15 3 were low 20s bite is good early rhen turns too coho around 9 wondering if the beach is going to pick up!

Thanks that’s what I was hoping to hear I had some buddies fish the beach on the opener they struggled to find bites glad it’s picking up!

Out in Port Renfrew Tuesday and Thursday. Totally two different days. Tuesday could keep them off the line. had 40 fish to the boat. 20 were springs all decent size up to 22 lbs. The rest were huge hatchery coho. Thursday 10 fish total. No Coho, All Chinook up to 17lbs.
But I heard Wed it went off. I was busy Wed grrr. Thats fishing.

Last Sunday Walbran was on fire. Went back on Wednesday and action was just as good. Buddy was there on Thursday and it was slow. Woods / east point were also slow but a few around. See what happens in the derby this weekend

Saturday morning started at camper missed a good take down early then trolled up didn’t hit another fish till I got to walbran were we caught 3 with in 15 mins 16-20 pounds then it slowed for. Hour or so before going off again putting 3 more in the box! My veterans were happy and ended up taking 1st and second in our event.

Sunday after that insane electrical storm and torrential down pours we decided with a fun day to fish we would run back to walbran picked up two in fairly quick order 23 pounder and a 15 then bite shut off for us heard it kicked back on later on the flood but we had to hit the road always fun getting a chance to fish your side of the pond! Btw everything was on chovies in a green helmet behind a white flasher and 48” leaders

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0904.jpeg
    IMG_0904.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 121
Can someone direct me to the closure section of dfo which points out that fishing is closed from east point now? Thank you. I have looked but I can't find a thing

Saturday was really slow got a 20 right off the bat then dead waterfalls everywhere along the shore line missed two other good take downs at camper fished till 1 pm and called it hopefully the dry spell will see a few more fish trickle in!

Back