Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but do they run near shore the 1 mile boundary? I have done some April fishing off Tofino many years ago and we pushed offshore and did well. Cant do that today.

The last month was hot with a big batch of fish following the Herring spawn inside the sound but it has tapered off big time. Most fish moved offshore and starting tomorrow will be out of reach. April/May has lots of American fish offshore but is usually spotty along the beach unless you run down to ukee.

Looks like a break in the weather tomorrow morning. I’m going to head to Wickaninnish Island on the paddle board at first light and hunt for ling cod. If any kayakers want to join me or better yet someone wants to convince me to go with them on their boat out of Tofino or Ucuelet I would jump at the chance.

I have my fishing rod and speargun, but likely just jig for them.

This isn't a report, but more an FYI courtesy for guides located in Tofino. It seems Tofino may be the next location for "BC Top Guides" after Zeballos had them last year. This is run by Doug Rodgers who has a long history on The coast. Here is a sample of the comments on his operations from Trip Advisor:

He sets up in a new location regularly. He has operated out of Port Eliza, Campbell river, Bones bay near Port Hardy, Barkley Sound, Zeballos, and now Tofino for this year. He operated in Zeballos last year and abruptly closed operations in early July. He uses contract guides, so If you are a guide being employed this summer by this individual you should consider GETTING PAID IN ADVANCE for any charters you do. This is a recent e-mail advertisement from him promoting this years location.

HELLO FROM BC TOP GUIDES: We have made arrangements for you to stay with us at the Hotel Zed in Tofino. Check out their web site at Zed Tofino They have a wonderful dining room and restaurant on site and your meals are included in all of our packages. Shown below are photos of their King Bedroom and also their Double Queen Bedroom. We are looking forward to a busy season and we hope that you will plan to join us for some great Fishing and Crabbing. Here are the dates that we still have 2023 space available for our 3 Night 4 Day Packages. If you have already made your plans for 2023, we are now accepting reservations for 2024 at our 2023 pricing.

2023 DATES AVAILABLE FOR OUR 3 NIGHT 4 DAY COUPLES AND SOLO FISHERS PACKAGES:

June 1st to June 4th, June 4th to June 7th, June 7th to June 10th, June 10th to June 13th, June 13th to June 16th June 16th to June 19th, June 19th to June 22nd, June 22nd to June 25th, July 1st to July 4th, July 4th to July 7th. August 29th to September 1st, September 1st to September 4th, September 4th to September 7th, September 7th to September 10th, September 10th to September 13th, September 13th to September 16th, September 16th to September 19th, September 19th to September 22nd, September 22nd to September 25th, September 25th to September 28th. To check on availability please send an email to fishing@bctopguides.com.
BC TOP GUIDES

This isn't a report, but more an FYI courtesy for guides located in Tofino. It seems Tofino may be the next location for "BC Top Guides" after Zeballos had them last year. This is run by Doug Rodgers who has a long history on The coast. Here is a sample of the comments on his operations from Trip Advisor:

He sets up in a new location regularly. He has operated out of Port Eliza, Campbell river, Bones bay near Port Hardy, Barkley Sound, Zeballos, and now Tofino for this year. He operated in Zeballos last year and abruptly closed operations in early July. He uses contract guides, so If you are a guide being employed this summer by this individual you should consider GETTING PAID IN ADVANCE for any charters you do. This is a recent e-mail advertisement from him promoting this years location.
A cab drove them to the dock lol

OMG. The worst. How this keeps going on is beyond me.

OMG. The worst. How this keeps going on is beyond me.
Hi float lodge is tied up in Ukee. He is looking for contract guides. Said the lodge is setting up shop here.... I doubt it but anyhow. Standard bs. I hope it gets towed off before he screws anyone on this piece of the coast.

Hi float lodge is tied up in Ukee. He is looking for contract guides. Said the lodge is setting up shop here.... I doubt it but anyhow. Standard bs. I hope it gets towed off before he screws anyone on this piece of the coast.
Needs to burn

Seems your wish may be coming true, he is advertising he's moving the barge to Tahsis (if it will be accepted there).

HELLO FROM BC TOP GUIDES: GET HOOKED ON TAHSIS.

We have some Exciting News to share with you. We have just completed construction of our new floating Lodge which will be located in the remote Village of Tahsis BC. We have very limited space still available for this season, so if you are interested in doing some fishing with us this summer please send an email to fishing@bctopguides.com if you have any questions or if you would like to check on availability.
BC TOP GUIDES

Seems your wish may be coming true, he is advertising he's moving the barge to Tahsis (if it will be accepted there).

HELLO FROM BC TOP GUIDES: GET HOOKED ON TAHSIS.

We have some Exciting News to share with you. We have just completed construction of our new floating Lodge which will be located in the remote Village of Tahsis BC. We have very limited space still available for this season, so if you are interested in doing some fishing with us this summer please send an email to fishing@bctopguides.com if you have any questions or if you would like to check on availability.

Looks like Barkley Sound and Ukee area..... Selling merchandise already.

BC TOP GUIDES
1684445231136.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back