2023 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiet on here lately! How is everyone doing out there? Might go try my luck tonight....

Was hoping to pop out today but that SE and rain is making my Baileys and coffee taste really damn good.

Did you go for a tack?

We boated over to Jedidiah on Saturday morning and is was glassy as **** on a plate. Three-ish boats at Epsom. Two pods of two humpbacks feeding in the area.

Someone get out there and post please! Us Interior-ites are already jonesing for the smell of salt and the fish that come with that.

Was hoping to pop out today but that SE and rain is making my Baileys and coffee taste really damn good.

Did you go for a tack?

We boated over to Jedidiah on Saturday morning and is was glassy as **** on a plate. Three-ish boats at Epsom. Two pods of two humpbacks feeding in the area.
We did - got out the thanksgiving Friday at Sangster... picked up two keeper chinooks and lots of toss-backs. Tried Epsom and the SE end of Merry Island Saturday Morning... we were one of those 3 boats! Beautiful day for fishing, but definitely quieter than the night before.

Lots of little ones in both places and one nice Coho at Merry Island, but it was a wild one so we sent it back.

Has anyone ever fished Anderson Bay (SE End of Texada)? I have a memory from ~20 years ago hauling in some nice ling (but not being able to keep any). I want to go back, and am curious if others have had luck there.

Has anyone ever fished Anderson Bay (SE End of Texada)? I have a memory from ~20 years ago hauling in some nice ling (but not being able to keep any). I want to go back, and am curious if others have had luck there.
There are still some nice Ling but Anderson gets fished pretty hard. You’ll see boats with 6-8 people jigging for all they’re worth. You’ll have to wait until April 1st. The Ling/rock cod season is closed at the moment.

There are still some nice Ling but Anderson gets fished pretty hard. You’ll see boats with 6-8 people jigging for all they’re worth. You’ll have to wait until April 1st. The Ling/rock cod season is closed at the moment.
Good to know... and I won't be trying anytime soon. My boat is put to bed for the winter, and won't be back in until ~Easter or so... just day-dreaming of days on the water.

I have had some luck trolling from Upwood to Anderson over the years, and when I was a kid, used to catch salmon on buzz bombs just outside the northeastern entrance into the Bay (due north of the island there).

On strong ebbs tides, the southern entrance into the Bay holds a nice back-eddy which often holds a lot of bait, and can produce salmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back