Status
Not open for further replies.
At Prestige Launch this weekend there was no shortage of trailer way out past the new yellow lines. When I left about 5 pm Sunday there were large delivery trucks jammed up against the fence waiting to get in. Fortunately I was able to squeeze through but most others would not. There lot there rules I guess.

Becher Bay today top of the flood 3-6 got one nice hatch coho to the boat maybe 4# and that's it. Green flasher, white hoochie with a glow skirt. But check out this video we got with our gofish Cam. I say all of the fish in the video were horrified to see the comically enormous tag end from the line on the camera. My wife says it's no big deal (she rigged it). Settle the argument. Was it the tag end or was the spoon, were we going to fast? Too slow? 60' on the dr against the current 55 degrees on the dr braid line. We're only 2 years into this so we don't really know how much presentation matters.

Tag end or other? Either way it drives me bananas to watch that tag end on the video.

Save our marriage. JK this is a very light hearted joke.

Becher Bay today top of the flood 3-6 got one nice hatch coho to the boat maybe 4# and that's it. Green flasher, white hoochie with a glow skirt. But check out this video we got with our gofish Cam. I say all of the fish in the video were horrified to see the comically enormous tag end from the line on the camera. My wife says it's no big deal (she rigged it). Settle the argument. Was it the tag end or was the spoon, were we going to fast? Too slow? 60' on the dr against the current 55 degrees on the dr braid line. We're only 2 years into this so we don't really know how much presentation matters.

Tag end or other? Either way it drives me bananas to watch that tag end on the video.

Save our marriage. JK this is a very light hearted joke.

Slower morning today for sure...kept one 6 pound spring and played 6 wild coho...no hatch. The afternoon was better with4 hatch to 9 pounds and released a dozen wild and lost 3-4. Only saw 3-4 humpbacks all day so they took the day off too. We did get 11 nice Dungeness for the day, 5 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon. Very nice warm and calm day.

Out today for 6 hours from 7 to 1pm and we kept our 4 hatch coho and a decent winter spring. We hooked into a good 20 Coho or the trip, no big bite just small clusters of fish here and there, nothing over 10 pounds.. 55 to 70 ft on hootchies.

Out today for 6 hours from 7 to 1pm and we kept our 4 hatch coho and a decent winter spring. We hooked into a good 20 Coho or the trip, no big bite just small clusters of fish here and there, nothing over 10 pounds.. 55 to 70 ft on hootchies.
Nice! Where approximately were you? I was out around the same time today and lost a few but kept nothing!

Fished out of Sooke yesterday. and saw Profisher pass us on our way out. Fished 7 to 11, 70 ft on the DR, and used squirts.
In the first 30 minutes we got one clipped Coho and let go 5 unclipped, then it went just about dead for 2.5 hours with a hit here and there and got a 6lb spring we let go. Then at 10 it was none, stop action on Coho, double headers. By 11 we had our 6 clipped and headed in to pull the crab traps. In the last 4 trips we have only gotten one crab, this trip and two traps down we got 9 keepers and 5 males that were 1/8" to small, so back they went. Best crabbing day in Sooke this year.

Tried for Hali from 8am till 10:30 with no love. Switched to salmon and kept 4 hatchery hoes, released around 15 wilds out front of Sooke harbor. Glow white hootchie at 55ft was the hot side for us. Saw 1 Humpback in the fog off of Otter. Back out tomorrow for October 1st!

Nice! Where approximately were you? I was out around the same time today and lost a few but kept nothing!
West end of the Bluffs...fish were more abundant in closer...180 to 240 ft of water

Fished out front of sooke 8-2 today. Caught around a dozen coho but only 2 hatchery. Kept 12 and 6lb coho and a big chum around 15 lb. Never kept a chum but will try in the smoker.
Fish were decent size today with a couple over 10lb. 75ft range. Hootchies and wee g.

Went with a buddy today 830 - 1. We started at secretary and got into a few fish right away then it died down to nothing. Trolled with the current back to beachy and fog rolled in. Hit a few fish here and there in the fog until around 11 when the fog started burning off. Chatted with a few people on VHF68 about what depths and I agreed to stay deep on riggers while someone else stayed shallow, whoever hit first would let others know what depth fish were at.

Then by 12 clear skies, no fog and the action started heating up. We got most of our hits after 11 with a few double headers. It seemed the bite turned on then and we finally got our limits. Hoochie today did not get us any bites. All our action was on spoons and deeper 80-110.

Good action all morning today off the Bluffs 45-60 ft all hootchies again. Kept 3 wild and 3 hatch up to 10 pounds, released 25 plus wilds up to 10 pounds. Had a Humpback pop up way to close and me heading on a collision troll, had to swing around quickly...had no idea he was around me....just came up from a deep dive. When they shower you with their breath....they are close.

Good action all morning today off the Bluffs 45-60 ft all hootchies again. Kept 3 wild and 3 hatch up to 10 pounds, released 25 plus wilds up to 10 pounds. Had a Humpback pop up way to close and me heading on a collision troll, had to swing around quickly...had no idea he was around me....just came up from a deep dive. When they shower you with their breath....they are close.
And their breath is not pleasant!

Nice morning today. Started at the Head around 8:30. Everyone seemed to have fish on. Picked up 2 hatchery right away and then hit 3 quick wilds. We packed in with 5 quick fish and then didn't feel like weeding through a number of wilds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back