Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out yesterday morning and ended up with 2 hatchery Chinook. One just under 10 pounds the other 4 pounds. Released 3 under sized. The larger fish took a hootchie at 73 ft near Otter Pt, the rest closer to the bottom. Lots of bait from the tin shed to the trailer park but not much action there. Out tomorrow and Wednesday for some more winter fun.

Did a little something different on Sunday. I went with a group of free divers for spear fishing.

I wasn’t the organizer so I didn’t know where they plan to go ahead of time.

It’s been a few years since I went Freediving. Ironically we ended up parking in east sooke park and hiking to a spot just west of beachy head.

As we got there a few whales were feeding near the head.

We all got dressed in the rocks and then into the water looking for greenling and cabzon .

We also harvested some limpets, snails and sea urchin.

Visibility was pretty poor but there were lots of schools of bait fish swimming around.

As a boat come closer to our group to check us out before setting gear and trolling off into the distance.

Finished our dive and I grilled some sausages on my ammo can bbq.

Packed up and walked back.

Came home and had a nice meal of sea urchin and other seafood for dinner.

On the hook off of Pedder today for a couple of hours. Currents not great but better than working on the honey do list. Trolled for a bit in the bay on the way in. First 10 minutes my buddy landed a clipped Chinook (6lbs) and lost another within 20 ft of the boat. 70ft on the DR in 120 ft of water. Wee G. That was it.

Was out Saturday mid day in Becher Bay. So many Grey whales and sealions in the bay, incredible. Salmon were biting right on the bottom. AP 3" herring and a green/white skinny G with about a third of the paint left on it were getting the bites. Good times!
nice any keepers

Out of Pedder yesterday. On the hook for hali from 9am to 2pm. Nice day on the water with good currents. A great day if I was fishing for dogfish. Pulled up 12 to the boat,,, 11 for me and 1 for my buddy. I don't think my buddy had a hook on his side of the boat.🤣
8 Keeper crab from two pots.

Back at the dock, one of the workers at the marina told us that a guy, who was drifting, picked up one at 126 cm. Only a couple of boats out there.

Saw 3 or 4 humpbacks at the mouth of the bay on the way in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back