2014 Bamfield Tuna Shootout Deckhand List

Charter Tofino

There are a few captains that might be looking for deckhands at this years tournament and likely some last minute stuff. This thread will allow anyone to put their name in (can include some info, email etc). All inquires via captains or interested deckhands will be redirected here. Feel free to PM or email if necessary.

Kelly, thanks for getting this going. I would love to crew on a boat for a portion of the derby, was thinking of entering with my 21 'Striper but feel its a bit small. I Have tons of experience on the water, and 5 years in the Q charlottes fishing. Love fishing and could be a helpful hand, that can listen!!!!
30 years old, and would love to get out on this derby and learn something new. Cheers Tristan Ziggy from Victoria 250 727 8260 / tristanziegler@telus.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly, thanks for getting this going. I would love to crew on a boat for a portion of the derby, was thinking of entering with my 21 'Striper but feel its a bit small. I Have tons of experience on the water, and 5 years in the Q charlottes fishing. Love fishing and could be a helpful hand, that can listen!!!!
30 years old, and would love to get out on this derby and learn something new. Cheers Tristan Z from Victoria 250 727 8260

Ziggy is a stand up guy I have taken him out on my boat and would be a good addition to a crew,hard worker and positive attitude-good luck,hope u find a crew.

Jesse

Thanks Kelly for getting this started up! I am very interested in being a crew member on one of the boats. I am 15 years old almost 16, and I have tons experience on the water, I would love to have the opportunity to go take part in the derby and learn some new things, I am very good at listening and I love being out fishing.

Thanks,

Michael
michaelreiber98@gmail.com
(250)-618-8548
(250)-245-1187
From Ladysmith

Hey Kelly I will be there for the duration again
May have a couple of seats but will ***** out from the dock as required.

I may be interested in helping out for a couple of days !! I've got some pretty good gear, Rods, Reels, Tuna Lures' teasers for this kind of stuff and have done a bit of tuna fishing down south and would love to try this. I have my own boat but don't know if i'm comfortable enough to give this a try quite yet...

Thanks Craig
craigonislandtime@gmail.com
from Victoria

Put me on the deckhand list Kelly ;)

Experienced, Older, Opinionated Redneck. Might have a little something to offer for those who choose to offer a ride... :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Experienced, Older, Opinionated Redneck. Might have a little something to offer for those who choose to offer a ride... :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

You can put my name on the list also. I know not many know me on the island but basicly the same credentials as Nog describes above. 35 years commercial and 10 years running the lodge at Hippa in the Charlottes

capt_ed@telus.net

Cheers,
Nog

Nog, i won't be fishing the Shootout but i'd love to go out with you sometime

Nog, i won't be fishing the Shootout but i'd love to go out with you sometime

Open a fair bit this summer. Taking a single season break from guiding this year, and Gone Commercial ;)
I will be back to The Madness, but may well have a little "me time" for a change this summer.
Shoot me a pm. I'd likely be In! :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

PS: Didn't mean to Hi-Jack. And Yes, I am Serious about the Shoot-Out!

When does this tournament run? I'd love to deckhand on a boat...I caught my first salmon before i was two. ;) I have my own seasport, and dad grew up catching Bluefin back east. I can chip in for gas or tourney entry.

nick.schubert@gmail.com

Nick

Hi all, I'm a younger fishing addict/redneck, love fishing but not confidant enough to try to make a run out in my 21' campion. I am free a lot of days during the week and weekends so shoot me a message if you are looking for deck hands. I won't be around once September hits so apologies for ignoring any emails that month.... kayakroll@hotmail.com if you want to get my number.

Back