2005 F225 four stroke Yamajunk for parts

The new 9.9's are a stoked 8 horse. I always sold off my 9.9's after the 2nd season on them, until I couldn't buy a new (big block) 9.9 in 2007. (the last year they made them) The 2007 I have now has 4 seasons on it, still runs as new and I will keep it and rebuild it if Yami doesn't bring them back. I don't know whyYami didn't put a power tilt on the original 9.9 and keep the 15 horse a 15 horse. Then they would have had it all covered, high thrusts with power tilt in 8, 9.9 and 15 hp's. I like the big block 9.9 but I'm carrying around the weight of a 15 hp, I would like to have the extra 6hp too.

I ran the new 9.9 Yamaha (8hp block) all last year and had no problems. The new 9.9 is smaller and lighter and Power wise, I didn't note any difference. On the old 9.9 big block I did have fuel pump issues and had to replace the little rubber diaphragm at a parts cost of over $100+ for the rubber alone.

I don't understand why everyone is hooked up on having a the old big block engine. I continually hear people saying I'll rebuild it and by the time you add up the cost you have to pay for the rebuild parts, you are going to be paying just about the same as buying a new engine with warranty.

Would you take a big block Chevy and make a small block out of it, NO. You have the same HP but the extra weight.

The only bonus of having the big block 9.9 is if you want to make it into a 15 hp all you have to do is upgrade the carb. Or if you want to bore the block

the new 9.9's are a stoked 8 horse. I always sold off my 9.9's after the 2nd season on them, until i couldn't buy a new (big block) 9.9 in 2007. (the last year they made them) the 2007 i have now has 4 seasons on it, still runs as new and i will keep it and rebuild it if yami doesn't bring them back. I don't know whyyami didn't put a power tilt on the original 9.9 and keep the 15 horse a 15 horse. Then they would have had it all covered, high thrusts with power tilt in 8, 9.9 and 15 hp's. I like the big block 9.9 but i'm carrying around the weight of a 15 hp, i would like to have the extra 6hp too.

x2 ,.,.,.,...,,

I have a 2009 9.9 yamaha and it ran rough and was hard to start within a few months of being new. I was told that the carb sometimes have a little debris left over from the manufacturing process and that sometimes they need to be cleaned right out of the box. I cleaned it out and it and that solved the starting issue. A mechanic told me that the carb has an air/idle adjustment screw that is under a metal cap because of EPA regulations. I pried out the metal cap with a an awl and adjusted the carb. It has run perfectly for two seasons now.

Back