1981 Double Eagle gets a second chance

Wow, that stainless anchor & chain looks great. Definitely a nice little bit of boat jewelry on the bow.

Paint is done for this season. I will be doing two more coats of the white after the season is over but now focused on getting her on the water. Some people will like the colour of the primer better but i do like the light grey with the white.

Attachments

• IMG_6659.jpeg
    IMG_6659.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6665.jpeg
    IMG_6665.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6669.jpeg
    IMG_6669.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3065.jpeg
    IMG_3065.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3064.jpeg
    IMG_3064.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 132
Sea trial went well. Although I need to bleed the hydraulic steering more. 4000 RPM was 31mph I did not hit top speed today but she easily did over 40. On one engine with half tank of fuel two people she did 28mph it took a bit of time getting up on plane with one engine but one there she did ok.

I’m not gonna lie. I was a bit stressed the last few weeks getting her ready. All the numbers said it would be OK but until you actually get it on the water, see it sitting there and then running it up to speed. It is very gratifying, knowing it all worked out.
I can't even imagine

I’m not gonna lie. I was a bit stressed the last few weeks getting her ready. All the numbers said it would be OK but until you actually get it on the water, see it sitting there and then running it up to speed. It is very gratifying, knowing it all worked out.
Awesome work Dan, stress is a good thing, it makes us perform (and overthink things) and you certainly have. I wish I could have built one as you have but I'm not sure I could have done it in the same timeframe as you. I think yours is sitting slightly higher in the bow than mine (I do have some ballast up there previously installed), you definitely have more flotation in your pod though. Nice work on this boat, I'd love to see it beside mine to compare one day. Cheers.

Well done man! This thread shows the **** ton of work involved in rebuilding a boat! And you did it and FINISHED IT! It ain't cheap and it ain't easy and it takes commitment and perseverance.
I did a smaller 18' 6" Double eagle in 2011 and I'm still loving the boat today. Up at Indian point on Savary island right now with it.

Back