Canucks 2023-2024 season

You called it. Nice to see them dig it out of the corner like that and score. Pretty crazy to get the shutout win with the backup to the backup. Crazy matchup coming up, Oil are on fire.
They have to come in guns blazing and push the predators into their own zone and make them make mistakes/turn overs then actually hit the net! shots dont mean jack all if you never hit the net OR even have any net presence get in front of saros and make him earn the save.

Solid calculated intensity from the Canucks I thought. Great match up really, neither team let up. Vancouver created more offense but Saros almost stole this one for his team.

That was a nail-biter. For a while there at the end of the 2nd period, it looked like it could be a repeat of the previous game loss the way Saros was dialed in.

Now on to the Oilers. The Canucks pushed them around all year long, but the playoffs are different. The question is, will EP40 show up and is he over being shell shocked by playoff intensity.

Kings out , Leafs out and now Vegas , good start to the playoffs , too bad about the Jets , should be a long series versus the Oil

Kings out , Leafs out and now Vegas , good start to the playoffs , too bad about the Jets , should be a long series versus the Oil
In 82 when Vancouver went to the final, Edmonton losing out in the early rounds (to the Kings?) made it a much easier path to the final. And the white towel was born too.

In 82 when Vancouver went to the final, Edmonton losing out in the early rounds (to the Kings?) made it a much easier path to the final. And the white towel was born too.
Waaay back in ‘82, I was down in Vancouver for a couple weeks on business when the ‘Nucks were in the Stanley Cup finals against the Islanders. That was for games 3 & 4. The ‘Nucks should have won game 1 in NY, but lost. They could have won game 2 in NY, but lost again. Even though they were down 2-0 in games after returning to Vancouver, they were still very much in the thick of things.
Me being me, a friend and I decided to try and scalp some tickets to game 3. There were lots of scalpers there, all offering tickets anywhere from ice level up to the nose bleed section . We managed to grab a couple of tickets , and hoping that we hadn’t been scammed, headed inside. 17 rows up, right between centre ice and the blue line !! …. Couldn’t ask for better seats than that. Unfortunately the ‘Nucks lost again, but the excitement was absolutely electric. They weren’t really in that game 3 right from the get-go, but it was incredible being there and being part of the white towel fever at its finest.
That was fun so we then figured that we should maybe try it again for game 4. …..Why not?…. Headed back downtown a couple nights later and somehow managed to find the same scalper who had the same seats available. The poor old ‘Nucks never were in that game, game 4, and lost badly. Even tho’ they lost in 4 straight, it was absolutely incredible being there and part of the original white towel festivities and fan club. How much did it cost for those fine tickets, 17 rows up between centre ice and the blue line you ask?? We paid the grand sum of $35 each for tickets with a face value of about $27.50 apiece.! Unbelievable…. I imagine that they would be simply unaffordable now. Lots of fun thinking back to those games and watching the Cup being presented. One of my former (young) golfing partners from when I was a teenager in Ottawa played for the Islanders in that series. Kind of nice to see him skating around with the Cup. Special indeed!

This is exciting. A home game against a team that they’ve owned all year, I imagine the fans expectations in the arena will be high for them to continue to dominate. I hope they play the kid in goal tonight, he reminds me of Rogie Vachon, when he first came up with Montreal decades ago. Similar situation, Rogie as a rookie thrown into the playoffs.

This is exciting. A home game against a team that they’ve owned all year, I imagine the fans expectations in the arena will be high for them to continue to dominate. I hope they play the kid in goal tonight, he reminds me of Rogie Vachon, when he first came up with Montreal decades ago. Similar situation, Rogie as a rookie thrown into the playoffs.
Silovs is starting

Back