Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

The early bird gets the worm. I hear you @Stizzla i haven’t seen an aluminum anywhere close to as cheap for what I sold my Hewescraft after all I did on it for upgrades. On a make you happy note, you didn’t make two trips to Trotac and spend 8 hours working on your boat yesterday! You also get daily price drops on boats! Your ship will come in. I’m launching for the first time this year later this morning. I’ll have to get you out for a post work fish soon!
IMG_1922.png
IMG_1920.png
IMG_1921.png

@Stizzla browsing boats for sale at 4:15am on a Sunday!

That is a nice clean DE
Yessir! Keeping my eye on things. I hear 60% of mortgages are up for renewal in 2025 so I think there will be a sale frenzy in the next year.
Looks like I’ll be in the market to
Buy in the 40k range. Thinking along the lines of a campion 542, hourston 20 or striper 21.

Yessir! Keeping my eye on things. I hear 60% of mortgages are up for renewal in 2025 so I think there will be a sale frenzy in the next year.
Looks like I’ll be in the market too
Buy in the 40k range. Thinking along the lines of a campion 542, hourston 20 or striper 21.

I still can't believe you sold that cache of primo fishing tackle! Guess you'll get to go on another shopping spree once you get a new boat! :p

Hey all. I did a virtual walk through with the fellas at Thunderbird on the DE 185 they just got in, and I'm interested but noticed a bit.
https://thunderbirdyachtsales.com/yacht-sales/18-double-eagle-185/
Looking for some feedback on the few red flags I observed. Boat looks like its spent most of its time in water, you can see the oxidation on the main and kicker, plus the bottom paint and sides have a bit of blistering in the gel coat. Also, the transom has been painted over in one portion and there is a small crack in the gelcoat there, maybe signs of previous damage. Got some patched over holes in the transom where I guess a speedo used to be? Zinc on main is shot. Trailer bunk carpet shot. Power wire to kicker runs fwd/over instead of through the side of the well. Wiring is a bit sloppy. Hydraulic reservoir on trailer rusted up. Asking $40k for it, which seems not that far off (a bit high maybe). Boat is pretty clean. Any thoughts? Subject to engine inspect, survey and sea trail of course.

Hey there @Twin Otter Repairman , I walked around this DE 185 this morning. I thought it looked pretty good in person. Some of the things in your post are just normal boat things around the salt water.

The hull gelcoat is a bit oxidized which looks chalky because of the blue colour. I'm sure you could cut polish and wax that away.

I looked at the transom and I don't see evidence of gelcoat blisters. There's a pockmark texture to the antifouling paint but that's normal after years of applications, growth, scraping, repeat.

The anodes on the lower units of both motors look very good. The anode on the main has a bit of roughness from deterioration but it's nowhere near needing replacement. I took some pics...I'll see if I can upload

Never thought of the mortgage connection
Gonna be lots of hurting people with how many are two hundred dollars away from not paying their bills now 😶
I’m just gonna collect some rigging and wait for the right boat, till then my lake boat will be fine and it has a 120 on it couldn’t imagine a seventy but hey whatever floats some people’s boat and gets them on the water or off my next boat lol

Jan 2026 for me but will sell my truck for an old gas beater well before then. Paying down debt when ever possible is a good idea.

Great to hear you’re thinking ahead

Hey there @Twin Otter Repairman , I walked around this DE 185 this morning. I thought it looked pretty good in person. Some of the things in your post are just normal boat things around the salt water.

The hull gelcoat is a bit oxidized which looks chalky because of the blue colour. I'm sure you could cut polish and wax that away.

I looked at the transom and I don't see evidence of gelcoat blisters. There's a pockmark texture to the antifouling paint but that's normal after years of applications, growth, scraping, repeat.

The anodes on the lower units of both motors look very good. The anode on the main has a bit of roughness from deterioration but it's nowhere near needing replacement. I took some pics...I'll see if I can upload
Cheers for that. I had a buddy swing by and take a look for me as well. The blistering was down the port side, above the waterline, and there's a bit by the main too (can see it in your pic). I also had another member give me the heads up that the boat used to be at mosquito creek, and had been swamped a couple times. Sure looks nice but hesitant that she might hold some secrets. The owner has no service records at all and claims no knowledge of any of the repair work previously done. Might offer a lowball 30 with mech check and survey. Thoughts?

Cheers for that. I had a buddy swing by and take a look for me as well. The blistering was down the port side, above the waterline, and there's a bit by the main too (can see it in your pic). I also had another member give me the heads up that the boat used to be at mosquito creek, and had been swamped a couple times. Sure looks nice but hesitant that she might hold some secrets. The owner has no service records at all and claims no knowledge of any of the repair work previously done. Might offer a lowball 30 with mech check and survey. Thoughts?
If you're not 100% on the example and/or model then I wouldn't. Better to be patient and get 'the one' than just any one imo.

Owned a 542, was a great boat for its size, had it in WH on the outside in some big weather multiple times and always felt safe, well laid out and efficient use of space, nice to have the cuddy to lock things up and store stuff for the kids.

Owned a 542, was a great boat for its size, had it in WH on the outside in some big weather multiple times and always felt safe, well laid out and efficient use of space, nice to have the cuddy to lock things up and store stuff for the kids.
Thanks for that.
That persuit is sure a nice level up tho!!!

2017 MAKO 19CPX BOAT $32,000.

Seller says it came with property he bought and he just wants to get rid of it. It is a bay or flats type of boat without a lot of details, but for something that new it is a good price.

IMG_0116.jpeg

Back