WTB. Trailer Disc Brakes

the butcher

looking for a complete disc brake set(lines, calipers, rotors, coupler etc) for my 20 ft boat trailer. PM me if you have a set and wish to sell.

Sherwood Marine has a good section in the store for brake setups.

buying used brakes would not be the best decision in the world IMHO. Princess Auto or a Lordco are very reasonable and get you and your load stopped.

I will checkout prices of some of the larger US trailer supply companies and what the local places charge.

Just finished servicing my (new to me) triple axle ez loader’s disc brakes. For some reason the previous owner used 2 different kinds, on one axle?
Through my online research, I found Kodak stainless steel calipers. These are what I’d be buying. I’d also completely disassemble and service them, once a season. If I recall I think I saw them on Amazon?

Curious about all SS myself. I have the SS Kodiak calipers but haven't heard much on the rotors. Anyone have any real time reviews on how well SS rotors hold up?
There's lots of discussion over on THT regarding coated vs stainless rotors. I think if you can afford it, the stainless rotors last longer. Some suggest that stainless rotors wear down your pads less because unlike coated rotors they don't form a coating of rust while parked that scrapes of when moving. I read somewhere that stainless may be more susceptible to warping though, although I can't find that reference now. Whatever rotors you decide on, you definitely want stainless calipers!

Three years ago went all Kodiak stainless disc including rotors. I usually do just a quick hose down of boat and trailer when I get home. Everything is still shinny and just a regular once a year service. Glad I put the money there instead of new electronics.

I converted my tandem axle trailer to Electric over Hydraulic Disc brakes and would never have another surge brake trailer again . Got all the parts from etrailer.com and would do it all over again. Spent months trying to do it a different way but they were so great to deal with and I couldn't believe they could that heavy of stuff from the us to me for the price that they did. tried to buy local but wasn't working.
Check them out. Worked for me. saved I figure 1200.

I would think if someone is changing out a complete set of disc brakes they likely aren’t worth buying. You will end up with someone else’s junk and have a headache on your hands
You are 100% correct, do not buy used brakes. That is putting good money after bad parts that will let you down!

Back