WTB Tiny Strip Teaser Heads and Any size Batrix Strip

DavidC

I am interested in buying tiny strip teaser heads and batrix strips (fake strip) in any size. I am located in Sooke.

Send me a private message or call or text 250-361-8563

Thanks

Bait Buster can accomplish similar results as strip teasers. They also hold scent well. I have a few tiny teasers at home. I'll see how many I am willing to part with tonight when I get home. I probably only have clear.

Finding tiny teaser heads and strip is hard to find now a days. If you cannot find what you are looking for try this.

We would buy small herring and fillet them and then cut the fillet down to tiny strip size. You will have lots of waste so freeze it into blocks and use it in your crab traps or halibut sent. When you cut the strip make sure you have the two colors (dark and silver) of the skin in your strip cut.
Tiny teaser and strip works great in the Sidney area when fishing on bottom.

Here are the two tiny teaser head set ups use in Sidney. I have placed regular heads beside them.

Note the hook size on the tiny teaser set up. the hook beside them is a 1/0 gammy.
When running tiny strip you have to run a small hook because the hook runs free beside the bait and not in the bait like running anchovies.
I use 4 ft leaders with 40 lb. test line so the leader runs strait.

It is hard to believe you can catch big fish on the small hook set and it is because they swallow it down deep and you have to play the fish and not horse it in.

Attachments

• tiny teaser head set up.jpg
    tiny teaser head set up.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 58
Here are the two tiny teaser head set ups use in Sidney. I have placed regular heads beside them.

Note the hook size on the tiny teaser set up. the hook beside them is a 1/0 gammy.
When running tiny strip you have to run a small hook because the hook runs free beside the bait and not in the bait like running anchovies.
I use 4 ft leaders with 40 lb. test line so the leader runs strait.

It is hard to believe you can catch big fish on the small hook set and it is because they swallow it down deep and you have to play the fish and not horse it in.
I also found they swallowed them. Not good with size restrictions

Here ya go. I found one. Don't worry I have more, it's just a matter of finding them. This one glows. 🤪🙂

Attachments

• 20240813_183342.jpg
    20240813_183342.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 39
Dang, I just remembered that I had done a huge gear donation to Nanaimo River FISH Hatchery Fundraising sale. It was a full pickup bed stacked approximately 35+ good sized boxes and about 30 or so rods and reels. That big cache of teasers went into that lot. About $12,000 worth of used and unused gear. I have done that three times now for them over the years.

I may find more singles and so on as I go through my boxes.

Regardless, I have these few for you @DavidC

Last edited:
Back