WTB: saltwater rod and reel combo

Jamesonm

Hi Everyone

Recently inherited a boat and have been doing a bunch of wrenching on it. I have a pair of older manual Scotty downriggers and looking for a couple rods with reels to get me started.

Anything out there?

I have a bit of a mish mash of rods/reels that a friend gave me after his father passed. They are nothing fancy but all is in working condition. Reels do need line but they will work although they are definitely used.

Will try and snap some pics of them later and quite frankly if we have a new fisherman joining our fraternity you can have them at no cost if you can figure out how to get them to the Island. I am in Vancouver located right down in Kits just outside of downtown.

I have a bit of a mish mash of rods/reels that a friend gave me after his father passed. They are nothing fancy but all is in working condition. Reels do need line but they will work although they are definitely used.

Will try and snap some pics of them later and quite frankly if we have a new fisherman joining our fraternity you can have them at no cost if you can figure out how to get them to the Island. I am in Vancouver located right down in Kits just outside of downtown.

Wow that's really kind of you! I will be driving through Van on my way to the OK on Tuesday. I've got a flat of ice cold beer with your name on it!

Wow that's really kind of you! I will be driving through Van on my way to the OK on Tuesday. I've got a flat of ice cold beer with your name on it!

Here are some pics. The reels could use a bit of cleaning up as I have never used them but didn't think it was worth chucking them in the garbage. One of the metal reels could use a bit of love as it has some pitting on it but with a wire brush and some elbow grease it will be fine. You can have the level wind as well but there is no rod to go with it.

There are 4 mooching rods to go with.

***Disclaimer*** They are nothing glamorous but will fit the bill as a starting point.

upload_2020-7-24_13-2-45.png

upload_2020-7-24_13-3-48.png

I am located on Kits Point down by the Planetarium just to the west of the Burrard Bridge.

Here are some pics. The reels could use a bit of cleaning up as I have never used them but didn't think it was worth chucking them in the garbage. One of the metal reels could use a bit of love as it has some pitting on it but with a wire brush and some elbow grease it will be fine. You can have the level wind as well but there is no rod to go with it.

There are 4 mooching rods to go with.

***Disclaimer*** They are nothing glamorous but will fit the bill as a starting point.

View attachment 55130

View attachment 55131
What kind of beer do you like?

Back