WTB Merc Gauges

Corey_lax

Crew Member
Does anyone have any gauges for a Merc outboard? Basic gauges or MercMonitor. I don't have any tach or anything right now. Or what is needed to hook up my 2012 Merc 90 EFI to an HDS7 Gen 2 touch?

if you want the smart gauge with the troll up and down plus/minus you'll need the gauge and the male to male adapter. Be almost a gnote

if you want the smart gauge with the troll up and down plus/minus you'll need the gauge and the male to male adapter. Be almost a gnote
I just bought some of the older ones for now. Might have a lead on the gauges with troll feature soon but these are cheap for now. I’ll need to find some wiring harnesses to get it sorted out. I don’t have a long wiring harness to get from the junction box to the helm. Or do these plug into the plug at the controls? I’m just winging this right now haha

Attachments

• A26C6601-D9B8-4425-84EC-BF2C4CB45FA9.jpeg
    A26C6601-D9B8-4425-84EC-BF2C4CB45FA9.jpeg
    556.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
As long as they are 2006 and up. They changed the pinout from say the ones for the optimax stuff between 2000 and 06

Does anyone have any gauges for a Merc outboard? Basic gauges or MercMonitor. I don't have any tach or anything right now. Or what is needed to hook up my 2012 Merc 90 EFI to an HDS7 Gen 2 touch?
Looks like a NMEA starter kit, not a 100% sure if a social cable is needed from your merc. I had it for my Yamaha and 7 HDS 2, it was a little small to view when using all three, chart, engine and sounder. Might be worth picking up a second used HDS 5M or similar for the engine monitoring, I run two 7's now but my engine on my new to me old boat is too old for NMEA 2000. https://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/LowranceNMEA2000/Mercury_Engine_NMEA2000_Connection.pdf

It might be worth looking into purchasing the VesselView module. It wirelessly displayed all engine data onto my phone which I had on a magnetic mount next to my HDS unit. Loved it. https://www.amazon.ca/Mercury-VesselView-Mobile-Connected-Android/dp/B01MTGBKPQ
Wow that’s really reasonably priced. I was looking at the hardwired vessel view which switches to nmea2000 and it was going to be about $900. This is much more cost efficient

I ordered one. Should be here on Monday

Last edited:
Wow that’s really reasonably priced. I was looking at the hardwired vessel view which switches to nmea2000 and it was going to be about $900. This is much more cost efficient

I ordered one. Should be here on Monday
Best decision you’ll ever make. You’ll make up the cost of the module in a season or two by using the fuel flow info to find the “sweet spot” for fuel efficiency.

With the help of a buddy, we got the hydraulic steering installed and bled. Kicker reinstalled. All three gauges that I have work and I will install two of them after I make a panel to fill some old gauge holes. For $65, I couldn’t go wrong. The mobile app will be the icing on the cake. Almost ready to roll!

Back