WTB Melting Pot

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Were does one buy a melting pot. I have a 15# mold but I have nothing to melt lead in. Please can someone help me out with this.

I use one of those cast iron kettles with a swivel lid and spout I bought at canadian tire originally to have on the woodstove for decoration with water in it. They should be on sale this time of year. I like the lid idea incase of lead impurities or old lead with moisture for saftey reasons.

Here's where I just got mine, fairly cheap, real quick delivery.
http://luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/catalogue-items/molds/cast_iron_melting_pot.htm

I got the 15# mold,ladle and pot delivered for around $80.00

Hey Labman, thanks for that - might be getting interested in making my own weights now
Are you sure on that price as when I looked at that site the 15# cannonball mold plus the recommended downrigger melt pot would be 74.95+ 49.95 ....about $125.00 befor delivery

Hey Labman, thanks for that - might be getting interested in making my own weights now
Are you sure on that price as when I looked at that site the 15# cannonball mold plus the recommended downrigger melt pot would be 74.95+ 49.95 ....about $125.00 befor delivery

I got the gear minus the pot you have lead maybe we should try to pour some lead.

I might have a pot but I want something bigger.

The pot I bought was the 20lb. 19.99 and the moulds were on sale until May 31st. Have to look for the packing slip tomorrow.

I got the gear minus the pot you have lead maybe we should try to pour some lead.

I might have a pot but I want something bigger.

I'd would be into doing a trade .....like you take all my 120lbs of lead in trade for making me say 4 15 lb balls ( You'd get 4 15lb balls free for your work) Problem is you aren't next door. I'm in North van.

Cheers Fish Assassin,

I have several pots here and you would be more than welcome to borrow one for your pours. The largest pot holds
about 200 lbs of lead while the smaller ones hold 40 lbs. Let me know...as you have been very helpful to me over
the years and payback is due. I have all the equipment for pouring as I do about 2000 lbs / year.

Thanks FA; Got the 4 15's from tortuga tonight over in Deep Cove. They look great.....He's got the lead belts.

Back