WTB: Inverter 1800w-2000w

Journi

Just starting to look for one of these. I'm just starting to educate myself on some brands. Perhaps someone has something for sale or can shed some light on brands and what I'll need? Seen some Xantrax out there? What brands are you running? How many watts & what are you powering?

Mainly for:

Shore power: TV, Coffee Maker, Phone & Lap top chargers, lights and charging batteries.. Maybe a friday in the future.

I have a ProMariner 2500 Watt Inverter integrated into my shore power/charging system etc. I had a marine shop hook it all up. Everything goes under my stove, sink, and bench seat. Can hear it when it kicks on/off but not loud at all. Works very well for everything I need. I have a dual 12v/110v fridge, and 110 outlets wired in a few different places on my boat that all run off the inverter. I run everything you mentioned plus I can run a commercial chamber vac packer that's rated at 4.2 amps.

There's quite a lot to wiring in an inverter/shore power/charging system and i didn't want to attempt it. You will need a lot of stuff from heavy duty wiring, large fuses/control panel, power distribution busbars, ground bars, etc etc.. There's specific math formulas you need to know for the amount of batteries needed, charging system requirements etc also. Above my pay grade so sorry I can't comment on all of that stuff.

I had the installation done at the same time I was upgrading my fridge, stove, heater etc so I saved a bit on labor that way but it was still a bit over $2000 for the inverter/shore power and installation.

Back