WTB dual rocket launcher 247 rod holders.

Stizzla

Crew Member
IMG_3692.jpeg

Black plastic.
Let me know if you have any in the garage collecting dust. Sidney to Langford please and thank you!

Any experience with the Njord boom mounted rod holder? I can’t find a decent picture online of how it looks. My HP rocket launcher and one of my MR3/techniums snapped off and went for a swim, unannounced.
I ripped those off as soon as I bought the riggers. Not a fan of the boom mount in general. Njord makes the dual rod holder base like the Scotty as well. It's a little much with all the branding though.

Any experience with the Njord boom mounted rod holder? I can’t find a decent picture online of how it looks. My HP rocket launcher and one of my MR3/techniums snapped off and went for a swim, unannounced.
was yours the 400 series (447) adjustable ones, or fixed like the 200 series (247) photo attached above? The 400 series are known to break, and they flex like crazy with a loaded rod and clip cranked down tight.

Njord does not seem to use the Scotty boom plastic mount assembly, they look more like a universal attachment to a certain diameter boom.

73.jpg

Last edited:
The old plastic tubes or Striker holders rarely break in my experience. You want them to flex under load.

What you don't want is to increase the torsion under a load. Scotty did that with making the rigid stainless tubes and trying to retrofit with existing plastic locking mechanism.

Said it many times I don't understand why that was released like that.

Bad mechanical design in my opinion. Those ones above aren't bad just don't get stainless sleeve ones.

Last edited:
It looks kinda silly fishing with those type of holders. Your rods are sticking almost straight up. Doesn't looks as cool as when your rod tips are almost touching the water. Like most guides do! Gotta look cool!! LOL

It looks kinda silly fishing with those type of holders. Your rods are sticking almost straight up. Doesn't looks as cool as when your rod tips are almost touching the water. Like most guides do! Gotta look cool!! LOL
I actually hate the look of horizontal rods. Straight up and out seems pretty simple to me. Besides, even pointed up, my rod tips already touch the water!

Used Pro Pack dual Launchers for 36 years. Never had any issues yet. They are the best for fishing 4 rods no problem with proper spreads. As Rain City said even with my rods vertical I can get my rods bent to almost touch the water. Guides run them horizontally for optimal strike position loads. Grab the rod and straight up to hook the fish and out of the clip. I can see the benefit of that. I just like the setup of the pro packs for my boat.

I like having the option of 2 rods straight back…
Easier to see both rods while fishing solo

I like having the option of 2 rods straight back…
Easier to see both rods while fishing solo
In my center console, I run one out to the side and one straight back, mind you I have my downriggers set up beside me when I’m at the console seat.

Back