winter and my Trophy

Jencourt

Winter and my trophy.

Moving this to this one as it got weird in the general forum!!

So am looking for advice on how you guys store your boats wen you will probably fish some of the good days thru-out the winter.

What things should I be concerned about as this is my first fishing machine style of boat and my first outboard?

Do you run plumbers anti-freeze through your fish well pumps to keep pumps and lines from freezing?
I have a trophy and like we know the fish wells do catch some of the rain water. It will be under cover but the rain dose blow into the bow and then run down the walk around and to the back.

Look forward to hearing how you all look after your rigs.

Cheers: Ray

I had a Trophy before and the water leaking in the wells pissed me off!!! I put a marine weather strip around the tops of the wells this really cut down on the water and **** getting into the holds. Forsure run RV antifreeze through your pumps put some in the bilge because if water get in and around your pump and freezes then you have a block of ice around your pump. Also make sure that you get all the water out of you washdown system it may self drain anyways.

Yes I put RV antifreeze in the toilet, fresh water tank and run it til it comes out in the sink, and through my pumps as well.

You might want to consider covering it with a tarp? That will keep any rain water from getting in those wells? Will also help with mold. You do need something to help prevent that.

You either need to run the RV antifreeze through the entire system or completely drain the systems, including pumps. Make sure you run it through (or get the water out) of the raw water washdown pump. I lost a pump do to that a few years back.

Also, this is a good time to change the oil in the lower unit. That will insure no water in there that will freeze, and break the housing.

Back