Windshield Replacement

Live 2 fish

I want to replace the windshield on my Scout CC. Any leads or recommendations for places that can do it?

Attachments

• IMG_2893.JPG
    IMG_2893.JPG
    638.9 KB · Views: 45
I'm not sure of anywhere on the Island but in Burnaby there is a place called Walsh Plastics that can thermoform that.

What do you have in mind? A re and re? Or something taller, wider? You could try Scout for a direct replacement, or one of the local plastic companies that do fabrication could bend you something. If you add a T top, you can easily add something more effective by using the T frame.

I’d love a t top but probably not in the cards right now... unfortunately what used to be a small crack seems to have grown and it annoys me. I’ll try the place in Burnaby. Already contacted Scout and they directed me to another place across the border, hoping to find it local.

thanks

I’d love a t top but probably not in the cards right now... unfortunately what used to be a small crack seems to have grown and it annoys me. I’ll try the place in Burnaby. Already contacted Scout and they directed me to another place across the border, hoping to find it local.

thanks
Get a sharp drillbit and drill a hole right at the end of the crack so the crack will not spread anymore. It might help if you warm up the plexiglass a bit or maybe even the drill bit but it’s an old trick to stop something in glass or plexiglass from running further by drilling a hole and then the crack has no place to go.

Get a sharp drillbit and drill a hole right at the end of the crack so the crack will not spread anymore. It might help if you warm up the plexiglass a bit or maybe even the drill bit but it’s an old trick to stop something in glass or plexiglass from running further by drilling a hole and then the crack has no place to go.
And hold some wood on the other side of the hole you are drilling. Once you drill all the way through the acrylic, it will grab the drill bit and slam the drill into the acrylic, making your problem worse. If you hit the wood, it’ll stop the drill bit from grabbing

And hold some wood on the other side of the hole you are drilling. Once you drill all the way through the acrylic, it will grab the drill bit and slam the drill into the acrylic, making your problem worse. If you hit the wood, it’ll stop the drill bit from grabbing
using a small drill bit eliminates a lot of that possibility. Good point btw.

Last edited:
Reached out to Walsh Plastics and they quoted $980 + tax!!! YIKES! The place across border that I was referred to by Scout quoted $140 USD plus shipping...

Any other local suggestions before I look across border?

Cheers,

Reached out to Walsh Plastics and they quoted $980 + tax!!! YIKES! The place across border that I was referred to by Scout quoted $140 USD plus shipping...

Cheers,
My background was in glass and related products before I became a Realtor. You will have a hard time beating that US price.

Cheers,
That US price is pretty good. Shipping might ruin it though. I'm not sure if you're handy but I would try making one myself. Trace the old piece onto paper and cut a new piece out of acrylic. Make a mold out of MDF with the corner curve and bend the acrylic over the mold with a heat gun.

IMO it is more like a $980 job than a $140 job. I would use Lexan versus acrylic & make it thicker. i tend to think $140 would get you a straight piece of plastic; sounds like you are not getting apples-to-apples quotes.

IMO it is more like a $980 job than a $140 job. I would use Lexan versus acrylic & make it thicker. i tend to think $140 would get you a straight piece of plastic; sounds like you are not getting apples-to-apples quotes.
Scout did refer him to that company though, so it would be good to know if they make them for Scout.

Last edited:
Scout got back to me again and since they are still using the same windscreen on current models should be able to source a OEM from the local dealer in Seattle, or Ontario.. I thought Van Isle in Sidney was a dealer, maybe not anymore?

I want to replace the windshield on my Scout CC. Any leads or recommendations for places that can do it?
A little late to the party. But I just had Archer Plastics make me a new (tinted) one for my Bridgeview CC. I found out they used to make them for WCR and they kindly made one up for me. Was $275-$325 depending on non tint vs tinted. It’s pretty heavy gauge stuff albeit a simpler design. Peter was awesome to deal with. They’re out in Poco and believe they’ll do anything like that with proper measurements. I’ll toss up photo once I mount. 3972155F-4290-4CF4-BCC2-C4C0F587F3D1.png

Back