Willemar Marine in Courtenay has been sold

Cuba Libre

The shop is closed until April 4 for renos. I havent met the new owners yet, but I hope I get along with them as well as i have for many years with the former owner-- Dennis

Oh Crap-- I hope they dont bring the Parker Marine pricing mind-set........................

Dennis and his wife are going.

Said to say but many of us went to Willemar to get away from Wayne at Parker. Guess I will be shopping at Parker again.. not that I don't most of the time already......

Merc mechanics aren't great up here either. Let me know if you find a good one! So far the major one in town has screwed me over several times!

Dennis is not staying on. I asked if he would be working out of his house at all as he is too young to retire. He felt it would be inappropriate to do so since he has just sold the business. Unfortunate for those of us that appreciate the great service but good for him for respecting the sale.

Merc mechanics aren't great up here either. Let me know if you find a good one! So far the major one in town has screwed me over several times!

I went to a guy on the way out of CR on the way to Port Hardy last minute last yr and he helped me out when I needed it and fixed the prob right away. Cant remember the name of the place on the left and at the top of a hill?? But I was really in a jam and he came to the rescue. But I really liked Dennis and will miss him for sure, he always was willing to help u save a buck and would give good advice for free.

Dennis never ever helped me out. He was always very cold. I hate Merc's maybe I just hate their repair guys just the same. ;)

I started using Willemar when Joe ran the outfit in the 80s. In all that time I never had an issue with the company , Dennis went to bat with Mercury over warrantee issues for me twice and really helped me out. When I had trouble selecting the right prop for my new Alumaweld, he gave me a bunch of new Merc props and sent me up to Comox Lake to try them out. And his wife is cute!!!! So there!! LOL

( Geeze -- I hate to mention this.... but maybe it was YOU???????) Sorry Owen-- Couldnt resist, you left yourself open

Back